Sitting in the DA's witness room with a long day and week ahead of me.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Trial date for an event that took place Christmas 2018 finally arrived.
Subpoenaed by both the defense and State but the DA grabbed me as soon as I walked in the courthouse door this morning.
I suppose I will sit here on my laptop and look at houses in Lampasas while they choose and empanel the jury. We will see how good my memory is later this afternoon and probably wed and thrusday as well.
(no court tomorrow because there is no court reporter available)

Subpoenaed by both the defense and State but the DA grabbed me as soon as I walked in the courthouse door this morning.
I suppose I will sit here on my laptop and look at houses in Lampasas while they choose and empanel the jury. We will see how good my memory is later this afternoon and probably wed and thrusday as well.
I know it can be a pain in the *ss, but I hope you know how important and valuable it is when a citizen participates in the processes involved in the justice system. Thanks for your service.

Just took a fertilizer buggy back to browns. And ate breakfast at the new Whataburger. Hope to buy you breakfast soon.

Sat sequestered all day from all other witnesses after being sworn in as a witness and then was told they wouldn't get to me today. Redo Wed.

Sat sequestered all day from all other witnesses after being sworn in as a witness and then was told they wouldn't get to me today. Redo Wed.
You know that you do not have to be sequestered if you do not want. That is just the DA protecting his witness from outside influence or questioning.

Sequester may be the incorrect word. I was free to get up and walk around, even to leave the inside of the court house but immediately after being sworn in as witness, was instructed by presiding judge not to discuss the case with anyone directly involved and specifically not to talk to any of the other witnesses about the event or case.

Sequester may be the incorrect word. I was free to get up and walk around, even to leave the inside of the court house but immediately after being sworn in as witness, was instructed by presiding judge not to discuss the case with anyone directly involved and specifically not to talk to any of the other witnesses about the event or case.
I understand now. What you are going through is common procedure. There is a thing simply known as "The Rule". It means that no witness that will testify can hear the testimony of other witnesses. It is to prevent collusion.

Most all witnesses are not allowed to be in the courtroom until after they have had their time on the stand. It just keeps others from influencing testimony or memory, even if its unintentional.

Do they feed you GB?

Ken
no.
Did sit me down in the DA's office where coffee, snacks etc were available and they checked on me several times during the time to see if I 'needed anything'. I stick out, being by far, the oldest involved, and only witness in suit and tie, fresh haircut and clean shaven. That, is for judge and jury. Jurors are missing work, away from family, being inconvenienced to some degree, and deserve to be shown some respect. I walked down to Paradise Cafe about a block away and ate lunch with the rest of my friends that were there, including the defendant and his family. We did not discuss the case.

They did. I haven't told @Lucky yet. His dream is reality. You in the area??
Yes Sir!! Stopped in there a few weeks back for a Dr. Pepper milkshake and a large fry. Lol. The wife insisted they had ice cream cones so I went in and stood in line like a dummy and got shot down on the ice cream. Got her a Coke instead. 😆

Latest posts