Long Journey

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I'm hauling a perfectly good Angus bull to the salebarn in the morning.
After culling for drought and lack of hay I am at 7 cows.
Can't justify keeping him with today's inputs.
I'm going in halves with my hay man he's down from 75 head to 10.
We're both are going to maintain 10 head for the rest of our journey.

I cut back from 60 to 20 cows. Still got 4 bulls. Sure hate to sell them but at least 2 will go.
Hate to sell him we just can't get any meaningful rainfall.
They predicted 2 to 3" for today.
We got 6 100ths the mud dobbers are taking dirt to the rain gauge and trying to wet it.

Hate to sell him we just can't get any meaningful rainfall.
They predicted 2 to 3" for today.
We got 6 100ths the mud dobbers are taking dirt to the rain gauge and trying to wet it.
We got 3/10ths. Pretty much what was predicted but it took all day to get it.

I'm hauling a perfectly good Angus bull to the salebarn in the morning.
After culling for drought and lack of hay I am at 7 cows.
Can't justify keeping him with today's inputs.
I'm going in halves with my hay man he's down from 75 head to 10.
We're both are going to maintain 10 head for the rest of our journey.
Droughts are killing us. I'm situated at 9 cows and 1 bull, 10 head too. It's enough to keep me busy. Done with two droughts...i can do 2 more back-to-back...on the 5th drought year I'll quit.

Char/Hereford heifer 2 years old 3 months bred.
I had one in FFA like that. She was an awesome brood cow. After show season we turned out in my grandpa's pasture, and he had Angus bulls. She had a bwf calf every year, and they'd have probably 100 lbs on his Angus calves. Now, this was back when Angus were tall as your waist line and big cow was 900 lbs. What is she bred to? Is the Brahma cross bred to? What were the other two you split with your partner?

I had one in FFA like that. She was an awesome brood cow. After show season we turned out in my grandpa's pasture, and he had Angus bulls. She had a bwf calf every year, and they'd have probably 100 lbs on his Angus calves. Now, this was back when Angus were tall as your waist line and big cow was 900 lbs. What is she bred to? Is the Brahma cross bred to? What were the other two you split with your partner?
According to the seller she is bred to an Angus.
The Brahman isn't bred she is a little young for a Brimmer.