Sinclair Sale Today

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Did anyone go to the sale today? We purchased some Embryos but were not able to attend, due to a birthday party for our twin grand daughters. This was a sale I would have loved to attend but I wouldn't have missed my grandbabies second birthday for anything. We did have the computer set up and kept one eye on the sale but couldn't really say we were able to keep a close eye on it. We did pick up four different embryo lots that should provide us with some really neat genetics.

Gizmom

Yea i went. they had a real good sale cows brought a little over 1.4 million averaged about 4400 per lot got some 338 semen bougt was all, everything else i had picked out was more than i could stand sure was a beautiful place glad i went since it probably wont happen again there

Jscunn

Don't mind sharing a bit we picked up 4 embryo lots:

Lot # 508 2 eggs out of N Bar Primrose Y3051 x Finks 5522-6148

Lot # 513B 6 eggs out of N Bar Miss Emulous X3091 x DHD Traveler 6807

Lot # 551A 3 eggs out of Sinclair Lady 5X26 2P61 X DHD Traveler 6807

Lot # 600A 5 eggs out of N Bar Clova Pride F2839 X Sinclair Rito Legacy 3R9

This should add some really neat genetic lines into our herd. Needless to say we won't be flushing this year we will just put these eggs in at this point I have aprox. 26 recips if they all calve to their palpating date so we will use these eggs and some we have in the tank from our own cows.

As Tom Burke would say Happy Days!

Gizmom

I just saw on ACS where a unit of semen on Ballot of Belladrum 2797832 sold at the Sinclair sale for $3200... Not bad for an old "no numbers" bull...

I have a granddaughter ( sired by Octoraro Ballot STO 6) , shown here a few days ago with her second calf, that is turning into a pretty fair little cow....
(W C R Celtic Beauty 013X # 16769947)- with her nice big "Juan" (Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X #16741353) heifer calf (which will probably become a replacement)...

gizmom,
interested in letting go of the lot 508 embryos.

Sizmic

Sizmic

I think I will hang on to them, we will be putting them in this year so I will keep you posted on how they work or if they work. We purchased some embryos out of some old N Bar genetics from Coleman a couple of years ago we had super luck with them hopefully we will with these as well.

This is a photo of one of the ET calves 1212 out of N Bar Kinochtry Bty V1498P and 6807 registration #17525496 we purchased 4 eggs out of this mating and got 3 heifers and one bull calf.

This is one of the flush sisters 1216 same mating.

Oldtimer

I think that one is gonna make a replacement for sure. Nice heifer.

Gizmom

Jake":1m95i2ho said:
I'm sure kicking myself for not going to the sale or at least trying to get something bot.

Yep-- I'm not much into the use of A.I.--but from what I hear of prices -- that Shoshone Pied Piper semen was a steal... I have talked to a couple of folks that either couldn't get in to bid online or missed the sale and are now kicking themselves in the rear...

Oldtimer":h3stza6m said:
Jake":h3stza6m said:
I'm sure kicking myself for not going to the sale or at least trying to get something bot.

Yep-- I'm not much into the use of A.I.--but from what I hear of prices -- that Shoshone Pied Piper semen was a steal... I have talked to a couple of folks that either couldn't get in to bid online or missed the sale and are now kicking themselves in the rear...

Anybody hear what the low end prices were on eggs, semen, and cattle?

Jake":1jzmgtbo said:
Oldtimer":1jzmgtbo said:
Jake":1jzmgtbo said:

Anybody hear what the low end prices were on eggs, semen, and cattle?

Advantage Cattle has some posts on some of the semen prices- and JBob says figuring in the calves at side that sold with the cows- the average per animal was about $3359...

At the end of the sale of the live cattle Burk announced that the sale adverage was 4400 per lot. I wasn't able to write down all of the lots but the first few lots went pretty high. I really wanted to bid on the lot 92 but she flew out of my budget before I could say scat.

Gizmom

the low end on embryos was 50 dollars not sure the high end of those some went high. the semen went from 5 to 3200 dollars heifers around 2000 cows 2500 pairs 33 to 3500 that was a good price for most if they had split the pairs i think they would have been alot better off but im sure there wasnt time for that it lasted around 9 hrs it moved really fast and tom burke didnt help anything calling pedigrees from 3 generations back he had me looking and second guessing the whole day where they were not sure id attend another hall of fame sale.

bse":12tfze7k said:
the low end on embryos was 50 dollars not sure the high end of those some went high. the semen went from 5 to 3200 dollars heifers around 2000 cows 2500 pairs 33 to 3500 that was a good price for most if they had split the pairs i think they would have been alot better off but im sure there wasnt time for that it lasted around 9 hrs it moved really fast and tom burke didnt help anything calling pedigrees from 3 generations back he had me looking and second guessing the whole day where they were not sure id attend another hall of fame sale.

After seeing a rundown of some of the prices I'm kicking mysefl even harder. There were some pretty well bred females that brought commercial price. Guess I can't do anything about it now except wait for next time.

i was there and dint get it done i had marked what i wanted and let them go and kept my hands folded looking back at that i should have just picked up something else, bred heifers may have been the ticket guess ill have to just go to Wyoming next time.

Well I found out today that I did not get the lot 513B lot so I am really bummed about that. We were told on the phone that we got it. Another interesting item was when I asked if they could check with Jeff to see if he might have a few more eggs from that mating that he would sell I was told that Jeff is no longer with Sinclair that it is now owned by Duncan Smith. Sitting here totally stunned.

Gizmom

gizmom":28sb8ty1 said:
Well I found out today that I did not get the lot 513B lot so I am really bummed about that. We were told on the phone that we got it. Another interesting item was when I asked if they could check with Jeff to see if he might have a few more eggs from that mating that he would sell I was told that Jeff is no longer with Sinclair that it is now owned by Duncan Smith. Sitting here totally stunned.

Gizmom

That's why I hate those large ranch sales- they are sometimes a zoo... I have more fun- and think I do better for purchases going to some of the smaller producers sales- that don't have as much crowds and promotion... I think many of those places are a site to find diamonds in the rough for a lot less price... Don't get the big producer name- but often get a better product...

Oldtimer":7urxwp1i said:
gizmom":7urxwp1i said:

Gizmom

That's why I hate those large ranch sales- they are sometimes a zoo... I have more fun- and think I do better for purchases going to some of the smaller producers sales- that don't have as much crowds and promotion... I think many of those places are a site to find diamonds in the rough for a lot less price... Don't get the big producer name- but often get a better product...

In our area it is incredibly hard to find a small breeder who has a true program. Too many bull of the month people with a conglomerate of mutts.

Latest posts