Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1xnjrcg0 said:
Thought I would post a few pics of calves. This is a 10-28 fall bull calf by Innocent Man (out of Clinicque, show winner last year)

This is a 1-3 heifer by Executive Order

Group of calves - red tags are heifers, yellow males

Same fall bull calf, Eightball with some January calves
Jeanne you've taken short tails to the extreme in picture 3 :shock:

frieghttrain":hr178n7s said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":hr178n7s said:
Thought I would post a few pics of calves. This is a 10-28 fall bull calf by Innocent Man (out of Clinicque, show winner last year)

This is a 1-3 heifer by Executive Order

Group of calves - red tags are heifers, yellow males

Same fall bull calf, Eightball with some January calves
Jeanne you've taken short tails to the extreme in picture 3 :shock:
That's what I was thinking! Kind of nice when your milking but I don't think they need to be quite that short

LOL - that red fall yearling was born that way!!! I actually have another red one with a little longer tail than that one, but she also has no ears - frozen off.
I see I posted same picture twice - sorry about that.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2qdilwym said:
LOL - that red fall yearling was born that way!!! I actually have another red one with a little longer tail than that one, but she also has no ears - frozen off.
I see I posted same picture twice - sorry about that.
You might have some value in those genetics! As of January 1st 2017 in the state of Michigan (I don't know if it's just a Michigan thing or if other states have it to?) You can no longer band cows tails and some of the dairys around are pretty mad about that! So if you can just breed cows with no tails then you wouldn't have to worry about that

Yes, I believe that rule is all over - I know it is here in NY.
I took pictures when she was born, because she is out of one of my donor cows. Sent to ASA and had geneticists take a look - worried about birth defect. Said it was probably the way she was laying in the cow, tail did not develop. Said definitely not a defect. Phew!!! It is pretty ugly! I say she looks like an elk from behind.

These are the first out of this young bull. Definitely low birth weight calves so far.

Latest posts