Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

image_zpsj2bftqsj.jpeg

image_zpsxxbeakhv.jpeg

image_zps4dwr4scx.jpeg

image_zps7awdyxqz.jpeg

Sire
image_zps7uk4osaw.jpeg

Well, as you can see, Tifa is a small heifer, maybe 1000 lbs?... Well, she tried to have a 110 lb heifer calf, and that didn't work out so well.. if the vet was closer and hadn't taken 4 hours to get here, I'm sure we could have saved it.
Anyhow, I had a calf that was stealing milk everywhere, and figured if I can get some production from Tifa, I might as well, and there was no better calf to do it with than the one that would chase any teat it could find, and didn't care about getting kicked if it meant a full belly.. So it took about 2 weeks of work, Tifa would let me milk her just fine, but knew darned well that wasn't her calf.. At first if she was eating good food, and I gave her a belly rub, she'd stay quiet.. though the first couple minutes were always a bit of a fight.. The calf and I persevered, and it got a little easier every time.. After a month I saw her licking the calf, and now she calls for it... Weaning time could be interesting though
The extra milk is doing the calf good, she's a pretty stout and well filled out girl now

Sire of all the calves this year is a registered Black Beefmaster

Mother is my Commercial cow Ariel

Mother is my cow Jasmine (Balancer bull over a grade Grey Brahman cow)

My Gyr/Indu cow, Rose

Have the last calf born this season. Out of 29months old Angusx heifer. She got incalf by her half brother when bulls got out from the pasture and he came to the heifers pasture. He was there since early morning to the evening, but now have the result. The heifer calved very easily. Has a lovely heifer calf. She is very slim calf, but has pretty long legs. The young cow has a lot of milk, so the calf should grow well.

Just a bunch of calves out of old sale barn cows I bought this spring. The black calf in the front came out of a gray 5 year old cow bred 8 months that barely cost kill price. Here's a picture of the pair when the calf was younger. Every once in a while you get a good one.

Twin heifers that were born in March. I'll try and get pictures of them now. The cow is 75% angus 25% hereford and the bull is a purebred Black Angus, he was supposed to be homogeneous black but had this one red calf.

Do you guys ever keep twin heifers? I know about freemartin but was just wondering if there was anything to be aware about if they're both heifers.

pdfangus":37j4b42v said:
TWIN HEIFERS SHOULD BE FINE IF THEY GROW WELL ENOUGH TO RETAIN.

ARE YOU POSITIVE THEY ARE TWINS?
Yes I'm positive. I searched the pen to see if anyone else had calved but she was the only one. The rest started calving 2 weeks later.

Latest posts