Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":715d973m said:
Out of a 2002 sim cow....She's being sold this year, so one less old blood sim. She decided to give us one more before she goes and marked up the most ever...
Did you kept any spotted heifers as replacements?

TennesseeTuxedo":2kzhnr9m said:
I'm in middle Tennessee near Nashville and we're a little ahead of you on the greening up of the grass.

TT

Been slow around here for the grass to start growing. Kinda weird. Warmer this week and next plus I put down liquid lime and fertilizer the past week. We'll see how things go.

cowgirl8":1k6tmw4x said:
Out of a 2002 sim cow....She's being sold this year, so one less old blood sim. She decided to give us one more before she goes and marked up the most ever...
Similar to what I just had today from this old sim bred cow. She's always had solid colored calves before with angus bulls. She and our newer SimAng apparently produce a more interesting calf. Prob will raise him as a beef rather than take the sale barn hit..

That calf remind me of old times at my grandparents' old farm. Grandpa crossed their fleckvieh cows to a black Angus bull and got lot of grey spotted calves. There is a chance that you'll take a hit at the sale barn.

Muddy":14a94rxp said:
That calf remind me of old times at my grandparents' old farm. Grandpa crossed their fleckvieh cows to a black Angus bull and got lot of grey spotted calves. There is a chance that you'll take a hit at the sale barn.
Better chance he winds up in the freezer at home :cowboy:
Wonder what his weight is? She's normally a really sweet natured cow, but becomes a grizzly for the first couple weeks after calving. She's a monster cow, prob over 1600#. I've kept a few of her daughters as replacements because the angus bulls have always taken her offspring's frame down a notch or two while still retaining her thickness.
She may be on her downward swing; she's at least a month later calving than usual. Not exactly sure of her age. I've had her for at least 10 yrs and the guy I bought her from said that she was 5-7.

My first AI job. :banana: Nice little heifer, but hauls azz to the back 40 when I come around. Most nervous calf I have had yet. Already had to catch her outside of the fence. :cry2:

SteppedInIt":3f9ynttb said:
My first AI job. :banana: Nice little heifer, but hauls azz to the back 40 when I come around. Most nervous calf I have had yet. Already had to catch her outside of the fence. :cry2:
Whats her breeding?

ez14":2sfd0vhi said:
SteppedInIt":2sfd0vhi said:
Whats her breeding?
Beefmaster. LBAR 5502 granddaughter out of TopGun.

JMJ Farms":3tdo6bih said:
I wouldn't think you'd take much of a hit on him. But I could be wrong.
You would get hit so hard here it would leave a mark.
Better be black, black,red, or yellow baldie or you getting hurt here.
Char color wont take a hit.

lithuanian farmer":3f6ih0qf said:
Some calves with unexpected colours.

Angus sired heifer.

Heifer out of Angusx cow, sired by Angusx bull.

Limox cow with her bull calf, sired by Angusx bull.

And one calf sired by not very common breed: INRA95. He was out of dairy cow. However kill-out was 58%. Unfo

rtunately he wasn't heifer and we haven't used more that breed's straws.

That last calf is built well! Look how beefy he is!

Here u get $0.09 more per hundred weight on a black baldy than a red one. They won't even let u sell a single white calf in a group of black calves. They will separate them out into different corrals.

holm25":1fhlcgs3 said:
Here u get $0.09 more per hundred weight on a black baldy than a red one. They won't even let u sell a single white calf in a group of black calves. They will separate them out into different corrals.
Here, mixed groups do alright but they do sort off spotted, skunktail, horned and Shorthorn chromed calves from the groups. They don't trust spots since there are lot of Dairy X Beef cross calves sold at there.

This bull calf is a 50/50 Lim-Flex born 4/17. His dam is Angus ( max daughter) and he is sired by Boot Jack Apollo.

Latest posts