Short trip

Help Support CattleToday:

It worked out perfectly I say.
2 of the nicest bulls I have seen on here. You two could have run a brand new set of tires off your truck, looking all over the country for a bull, and don't think you could have found any that were better. And getting them from a reputable source like that, is just icing on the cake. I would not hesitate in buying a bull from @simme based on his pics and what he told me about him.

Turned the Franchise bull out with the cows and freshly aborted heifers last night. He went straight to checking the girls out. He appears to have the appetite.

I ran out of time to get the three 1500 pound steers pulled to a different field.

Photo is from this morning after I'd separated them. Looked like he'd been whooping steers all night and morning.

They're going to strip graze stockpile for the next 6 or 8 weeks hopefully. He will breed for 30 days, then I am swapping in a questionable 🤔 homeraised yearling SimAngus bull for the following 15 to 30 days. Hopefully everyone is bred by then. Only 24 to breed. They are all ready and waiting.

Added a couple pics of the chocolate SimAngus bull. He is noticeably finer boned than the other two and looks like a steer. Lol.

Attachments

• 20231126_113423.jpg
    20231126_113423.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231104_181038.jpg
    20231104_181038.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231104_181123.jpg
    20231104_181123.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
Turned the Franchise bull out with the cows and freshly aborted heifers last night. He went straight to checking the girls out. He appears to have the appetite.

I ran out of time to get the three 1500 pound steers pulled to a different field.

Photo is from this morning after I'd separated them. Looked like he'd been whooping steers all night and morning.

They're going to strip graze stockpile for the next 6 or 8 weeks hopefully. He will breed for 30 days, then I am swapping in a questionable 🤔 homeraised yearling SimAngus bull for the following 15 to 30 days. Hopefully everyone is bred by then. Only 24 to breed. They are all ready and waiting.

Added a couple pics of the chocolate SimAngus bull. He is noticeably finer boned than the other two and looks like a steer. Lol.
He looks like he has been fighting and breeding instead of eating. Lol

He looks like he has been fighting and breeding instead of eating. Lol
Definitely wasn't interested in food. Might have seen him smell the grass twice, then back to butt sniffing. I gave them twice the strip they've been getting just so they weren't competing for food.

He was really giving the biggest steer a run for his money. Pushing him all over the place. Steer has 400 or 500 pounds on him too.

I'm hoping he will soon start eating again.

I thought I had taken many more photos of him today. But that's the only one on my phone. 😔 It isn't a flattering photo for sure.

Franchise K67 is 10 days in with the girls. Managed to get a couple decent photos. He's been very active. Seemed to get the idea of how things work pretty quickly.

He's funny and VERY vocal.

Attachments

• 20231206_171425.jpg
    20231206_171425.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231206_171454.jpg
    20231206_171454.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231206_171656.jpg
    20231206_171656.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231206_171639.jpg
    20231206_171639.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Clinchvalley86 picked him up while I was sick and he is still at his house. But only 30 miles or so from home. Maybe we can ask him for some pictures.
Shiiiit, ask and ye shall receive!

He's going to be a beast! He's big in every way seems to me. I'll grab some pics when I feed this morning.

Yes. First one is mine and I have seen it twice since October.
Yours is Simm, and Clinch's is SimmAngus, right? Either of then homo for black? I am breeding those Plummers and the Corrs to one of Scott's brother's black Sim bulls. And he has some great ones. But, I got to tell you, I'd rather use one of these than any I have seen over there.
One of my ranches is 225 miles from my house, that's not a short Sunday drive for me.
The Kudzu Place is 180 miles from me. But it is 3 miles to the interstate from my house, and 5 miles off the interstate once I get down there. Bad thing is, Atlanta is between them.

Yours is Simm, and Clinch's is SimmAngus, right? Either of then homo for black? I am breeding those Plummers and the Corrs to one of Scott's brother's black Sim bulls. And he has some great ones. But, I got to tell you, I'd rather use one of these than any I have seen over there.

The Kudzu Place is 180 miles from me. But it is 3 miles to the interstate from my house, and 5 miles off the interstate once I get down there. Bad thing is, Atlanta is between them.
Yes mine is Simmental and his is Simangus. His is much thicker.
Both are homozygous black and homozygous polled. 15 and 16 months old.

Latest posts