Short Marked Hereford?

Help Support CattleToday:

TCFRH

Reaction score
Any other "newbies" to cattle who get confused by all the terminology that only the experts and old timers seem to know? Today I'm wondering what "short-marked" means in regard to Herefords. Is it the amount of white they have?
:help:

JHH":5w7ydq3v said:
That's what I am referring to when I say that. Different regions have different ways of saying things though.
But does it mean they don't have a lot of white, or they do have a lot of white?

TCFRH":3rcdrnns said:
Any other "newbies" to cattle who get confused by all the terminology that only the experts and old timers seem to know? Today I'm wondering what "short-marked" means in regard to Herefords. Is it the amount of white they have?
:help:

Most of yours are short marked, they are also short on most everything except their legs

KNERSIE":3khk84yq said:
Most of yours are short marked, they are also short on most everything except their legs

I don't know how to respond to that. Am I being bullied for my cows not being show quality?

Nope you are not being bullied because your cattle are not show quality. At least not by Knerise. He is bluntly telling you your cattle are not good quality period. I been my experience on CT that Knersie knows cattle pretty good.

Red Bull Breeder":14x9qswn said:
Nope you are not being bullied because your cattle are not show quality. At least not by Knerise. He is bluntly telling you your cattle are not good quality period. I been my experience on CT that Knersie knows cattle pretty good.

Gee, thanks. Instead of being offered constructive criticism on what is wrong with my cattle and how i should improve them, I'm just told that they suck in general. Fantastic. Y'all are not very friendly to someone new starting in the cattle business. I'll be going now, and y'all can proceed with hiding behind your computer monitors and bullying women. I hope you feel proud of yourselves for making me feel small. Though that's probably your SOP.

Hang in there TCFRH. Nobody's cattle are perfect. I didn't see the pictures, but we all have to start somewhere. Don't let this discourage you from posting .

TCFRH, don`t let anyone no matter how much experience they have to beat you up on your cattle, no one is perfect and if you brought a show quality herd in here some people in this forum will find something wrong with it. long story short some people in here get a kick off of feeling superior by being mean, jerks, ect, while some others are nice and genuinely want to help. i didn`t see your cattle, but if you like them, screw everybody else. just my :2cents:

Kenany I didn't pictures of his cattle and I bet you didn't. There is some Hereford breeders on CT that does a good job at what they do, that would be glad to help TCFRH. But you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Don't worry about it TCFRH. You'll meet lots of people in the cattle business that think their way is the best way. One of my neighbors politely told me I was a dumb *%@!+ for cross fencing a pasture. Cows want to roam freely was his answer when I asked him why. Your fair game when you post a pic so be ready but just take the comments in stride. Some are very helpful.

Latest posts