Bout ready for a trip to town!

Help Support CattleToday:

It would be interesting to see a few pictures of the 10 heifers you'll be culling/selling vs the 10 you're keeping.
Any comments as to why or how you chose them would be both interesting and educational.

Son of Butch":39am0din said:
It would be interesting to see a few pictures of the 10 heifers you'll be culling/selling vs the 10 you're keeping.
Any comments as to why or how you chose them would be both interesting and educational.

SOB, I tend to pick my heifers according to how well their mammas preform also I look for the deeper bodied types. Here's some pic of the type I pick. Thanks for the question.

Are you going to lute those heifers since they are in with your bull? Our little 7 month old (mid-march) just had her second heat cycle, so her first was when she was still 6 months old!
That is why I like not using a bull, I do not have to worry about teenage pregnancies.

Fire Sweep Ranch":2raqg3kv said:
Are you going to lute those heifers since they are in with your bull? Our little 7 month old (mid-march) just had her second heat cycle, so her first was when she was still 6 months old!
That is why I like not using a bull, I do not have to worry about teenage pregnancies.

Yep, I already luted all of them. Some of those pics were taken in the summer time. B&G

Fire Sweep Ranch":3rbwmflx said:

Newbie question. Your comment about your calf starting to get heats at 6 mos makes me curious about mine. I have calves born this past June-July (2 heifer 2 steer) and I have seen a couple of them trying to ride each other for quite some time now. Probably almost when they hit the ground! I assumed this is normal, of course (mentally I analogized it to "kids playing doctor" with each other) but that has made me wonder whether they can really start cycling that early, or is it more of a reflex....

Latest posts