SAV America Topic Locked

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
The admin or moderator will not post for all to see that I am NOT the same person as Bar23. I have asked multiple times. They can see my IP address versus Bar23 and see they are NOT the same person.

Unfortunately, many on here thought he was the same as me, just with a different username. Absolutely not true!

Since the main admin will not step forward and clear the air, I chose to stop posting, in fact I asked him to delete my account and all of my posts.

The America thread was a lively back and forth conversation, I had some people say some nasty things to me, but that wasn't my issue, I had no problem with the banter. What I had a problem with was the put down to Lithuanian Farmer and then the Trump/MAGA diversion. I knew it would turn nasty after that and didn't want to be associated with that political rabbit hole. Since everyone thinks we are the same, I have done everything I can to delete my photos and hopefully my posts.

This has nothing to do with CT members, even when you mistakenly confused me with Bar23.

You still have board privileges. We do not monitor for truth or content that gets rooted out by the members.
Secondly you never sent a message or flagged a post on an issue. I do not read every post.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Goodbye Branded, you did boost the ratings around here while you lasted.

Hate to see him go.. though I guess I can finally admit that I live in KY again.. :hide:
I'd always loved the Bluegrass State until Branded finally convinced me that it's a $hi+hole.. :oops:

Lazy M said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Hate to see him go.. though I guess I can finally admit that I live in KY again.. :hide:
I'd always loved the Bluegrass State until Branded finally convinced me that it's a $hi+hole.. :oops:

I got to say this. And I am DEAD serious. If the weather stays in the pattern it has been in, it might just as well be a ____&&&.

I will go somewhere that has solid ground. I swear, I am starting to have mud flows and my driveway now requires 4 wheel drive.

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I got to say this. And I am DEAD serious. If the weather stays in the pattern it has been in, it might just as well be a ____&&&.

I will go somewhere that has solid ground. I swear, I am starting to have mud flows and my driveway now requires 4 wheel drive.
Not supposed to rain again.. Until Sunday, Mon, & Tuesday..

TennesseeTuxedo said:

Branded will be back. Just start a thread on the next great Angus Sire.

I expect him to introduce the next Bull that beats the 1.5 million sound barrier.

:deadhorse:

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Don't come to Kansas. It's about as muddy as I've ever saw it. The pastures are starting to look like a feed lot. I'm wishing that polar vortex would come back. Had the 7430 Deere setting in the frame yesterday morning. Almost had 9430 stuck just trying to get backed up to it. Sure getting tired of it.

T & B farms said:
Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:

Don't come to Kansas. It's about as muddy as I've ever saw it. The pastures are starting to look like a feed lot. I'm wishing that polar vortex would come back. Had the 7430 Deere setting in the frame yesterday morning. Almost had 9430 stuck just trying to get backed up to it. Sure getting tired of it.

The forecast for this weekend doesn't sound much better in Kansas either.

Lazy M said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Believe it or not, I love the place as well, but some things cause you to scratch your head around here and wonder.

************* said:
Lazy M said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Believe it or not, I love the place as well, but some things cause you to scratch your head around here and wonder.

Every place has its own flaws and points of excellence.. All you can control is your perspective.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Branded will be back. Just start a thread on the next great Angus Sire.

I expect him to introduce the next Bull that beats the 1.5 million sound barrier.

:deadhorse:

We are all good, I have nothing against commercial producers, they keep beef on the menu for God's sake. I do have a beef (pun intended) with people thinking I'm going into a phone booth and coming back out as Bar23. I'm here to talk cattle, not Trump. There's a place for that and it's called a voting booth.

Yes Ron, I'm holding cows open so I can breed them to a $3 million sire. Lol!

Lazy M said:
************* said:
Lazy M said:

Every place has its own flaws and points of excellence.. All you can control is your own perspective.

So true! Perspective is everything.

It doesn't matter if you have registered or commercial cows they all fart. And it's looking more and more like cow farts and politics is going hand in hand.

So ends another tale from the history of Cattle Today Online.
Friends were made and lessons were learned, and in the end our heroes all went out or ice cream.

I enjoyed the SAV America thread. Lots of interesting comments and some obviously from those who got their knickers in a twist. We breed registered Angus and although will never hit the big time, we enjoy our cattle and I believe they perform well for their buyers. I have used SAV sires by AI and results have been mixed. Probably my cows may have something to do with the variation but Harvestor worked best. I like to hear about results from other breeders and most I know are passionate about their own cattle. Everyone has different priorities re cattle breeds, spending money etc. I hope Branded doesn't leave CT as his perspective is of interest to me and yes, I also like his Facebook page. Whether or not he is right or wrong, at least he has a program and a vision for his herd. If you don't agree with him, no biggie. Be happy with your own cattle and let others do their thing, their way. Cheers from down under aka land of the big dust cloud.

NEFarmwife said:
Ebenezer said:
In all of these discussions it has been obvious that there is a divide between many purebred operations and commercial operations. That is tragic in the big picture as the end product is beef and the sale of beef fuels all legitimate cattle operations. I know that there are operations that front on money from other sources or focus on things other than beef production. But it sure seems to be a shame that purebred operations do not focus on supplying the commercial folks the best cattle rather than the best promoted cattle.

There are so many realms to the cattle industry though. We all breed for profit. That profit is made in many different ways. Our own operation is so diverse. We need replacements, we need fats. When we weaned, I needed pounds at weaning. When we went to finishing, I needed carcass and $B.
And what you are telling me is that you have a real world and end market perspective, experience and wisdom. The problems come down to commercial producers when cattle that were bred for price, fame, pride or promotion, were created for the show ring or were freak enough to gain notoriety get blended into the seed stock side to create less useful offspring for use as commercial breeders or sires. For example: the black buzzard discussions on another thread: commercial producers need mama cows that have smarts and can deal with buzzards during the calving process and they need a calf that can be up and traveling in 20 minutes or less. That is not gained by many of the current fads and promotions. And to round it out, we create some buzzard issues by feeding cows to calve in the daytime. So it is not just purebred fads and other side venues that impact commercial folks.

Latest posts