SAV America Topic Locked

Help Support CattleToday:

It was a good thread. Certainly emotional in a few posts but it stayed civil. I assume what crossed the line was an abrupt off-topic political post near the bottom of page 20.

It is a topic that deserves to be discussed. (SAV America, not the bomb shell)

I saw no reason for the lock myself, I'm thinking a post must of got deleted. When things don't go your way you can't just take your ball and go home. I guess some folks are just crybabies.

Maybe someone who has an interest in the bull in question influenced its shut down?
I guess some folks are just crybabies.
My sentiments as well. Branded's stridant wining to eliminate the thread and it did so in its entirerity post haste sans an explanation from the moderators is worrisome on a public forum.

NEFarmwife said:
The last comment tells me something was deleted prior to that.

Was not I!

If there was a deleted post it occurred between 10:43 and 10:45.

At 10:43 Mod2 issued a warning, "That will draw a lock or delete pretty quickly. You can bet it will be flagged almost immediately."

At 10:45 Branded requested that the Thread be Deleted. If Branded made that request because of an offensive post, then, that post occurred and was deleted in those 2 minutes.

Bright Raven said:
NEFarmwife said:

Was not I!

At 10:43 Mod2 issued a warning, "That will draw a lock or delete pretty quickly. You can bet it will be flagged almost immediately."

At 10:45 Branded requested that the Thread be Deleted. If Branded made that request because of an offensive post, then, that post occurred and was deleted in those 2 minutes.

Well I don't know if I'm reading it correctly but if you click on username, his "last login/post" is gone. I started clicking on other users and so is SOB. May mean nothing.

NEFarmwife said:
Bright Raven said:
NEFarmwife said:

Was not I!

Well I don't know if I'm reading it correctly but if you click on username, his "last login/post" is gone. I started clicking on other users and so is SOB. May mean nothing.

When I click on his Username, his profile comes up. His last post was yesterday.

In all of these discussions it has been obvious that there is a divide between many purebred operations and commercial operations. That is tragic in the big picture as the end product is beef and the sale of beef fuels all legitimate cattle operations. I know that there are operations that front on money from other sources or focus on things other than beef production. But it sure seems to be a shame that purebred operations do not focus on supplying the commercial folks the best cattle rather than the best promoted cattle.

Ebenezer said:
In all of these discussions it has been obvious that there is a divide between many purebred operations and commercial operations. That is tragic in the big picture as the end product is beef and the sale of beef fuels all legitimate cattle operations. I know that there are operations that front on money from other sources or focus on things other than beef production. But it sure seems to be a shame that purebred operations do not focus on supplying the commercial folks the best cattle rather than the best promoted cattle.

I don't get that sense. Maybe you are correct and I have failed to pick up on the "divide".

You used the word "many". That is significant. If you said "some", then it would not be as alarming.

Bright Raven said:
NEFarmwife said:
Bright Raven said:

When I click on his Username, his profile comes up. His last post was yesterday.

Well there goes my theory!

Ebenezer said:
seems like a lot of the reg. Angus breeders are more concerned with competing with each other,like a addiction ..their in a race.

The admin or moderator will not post for all to see that I am NOT the same person as Bar23. I have asked multiple times. They can see my IP address versus Bar23 and see they are NOT the same person.

Unfortunately, many on here thought he was the same as me, just with a different username. Absolutely not true!

Since the main admin will not step forward and clear the air, I chose to stop posting, in fact I asked him to delete my account and all of my posts.

The America thread was a lively back and forth conversation, I had some people say some nasty things to me, but that wasn't my issue, I had no problem with the banter. What I had a problem with was the put down to Lithuanian Farmer and then the Trump/MAGA diversion. I knew it would turn nasty after that and didn't want to be associated with that political rabbit hole. Since everyone thinks we are the same, I have done everything I can to delete my photos and hopefully my posts.

This has nothing to do with CT members, even when you mistakenly confused me with Bar23.

Ebenezer said:

There are so many realms to the cattle industry though. We all breed for profit. That profit is made in many different ways. Our own operation is so diverse. We need replacements, we need fats. When we weaned, I needed pounds at weaning. When we went to finishing, I needed carcass and $B.

Latest posts