Best SAV female maker?

Help Support CattleToday:

I specialize in dumb questions but if you know of problems from a source and the source has not fixed the issue why keep going back to that source? Not just this on - a general question.

I specialize in dumb questions but if you know of problems from a source and the source has not fixed the issue why keep going back to that source? Not just this on - a general question.
1) Some like to be part of a big herd
2) Some value consistency
3) Some like to suffer
4) Some like to complain about consistently suffering

We're seeing some bad feet in our recharge, resource, and renown cows, they have a corkscrew toe, somewhere in that pedigree there's weak feet, some of them have great feet and then some are bad enough we had to cull them so it doesn't effect every cow
Must be coming through from Traveler 004 on the dam side. I have had corkscrew toe in net worth bulls before (son of 004)

If there was one bull out there that fixed everything it would be great but we tend to have to make an assessment on what a cow needs to improve her and select a bull that will help with those traits.

Ken

If there was one bull out there that fixed everything it would be great but we tend to have to make an assessment on what a cow needs to improve her and select a bull that will help with those traits.

Ken
Sounds noble and likely the right answer. But why keep going back to a herd or bulls with known issues?

He looked like a higher growth bull. Have you compared the weights?
Yes I will look them up for you and post them in a bit. The Raindance
I still haven't made it through my tank to see just how much NW I still have to let you know... in the mean time check this out. It pops up quite a bit on sirebuyer

my Genex rep has sexed NW. Next year I will use a few female straws.

Sounds noble and likely the right answer. But why keep going back to a herd or bulls with known issues?
I don't see it that they have known issues. If it is Raindance you are referring to, I have not used him but have used flush brother Rainmaster and he did what I wanted of him, he took a little height off a very big heifer and the resulting heifer was just that much thicker. I didn't see him as having known issues only attributes I wanted.

Ken

He looked like a higher growth bull. Have you compared the weights?
BW 71 WW 612 YW 923 . She did out weigh the other 4 heifers I had at weaning by 30 pounds, at a year my Power Play heifer out weighed her by 26 pounds. I had them grazing ankle tall wheat no other special feed. She is maybe 1150 now at 17 months. She took off and shut off.

How do you market your calves?
Not good enough lol. Mainly to my hay customers. Sometimes in local registered sales or CL. I am taking a couple bulls this year to The Best of the West sale in Ft Worth.

We're seeing some bad feet in our recharge, resource, and renown cows, they have a corkscrew toe, somewhere in that pedigree there's weak feet, some of them have great feet and then some are bad enough we had to cull them so it doesn't effect every cow
I have a Recharge daughter with excellent feet and legs. Her faults is she is too small framed and marginal on milk. With that being said I will be using 2 sons this year. I try to take care of her on frame and milk.

Latest posts