Round 2 Ike

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep, fences are disappearing. Cracks are swallowing them up. Can only hope the forcasted track is close to correct. It would give a promising chance. A bit to far southe and west, but if it hits as cat 3 then it might be big enough to get a shower out of it.

Most recent "projection" show it running right up I-35 after making landfall. If so then we should get some good rain.

This looks to be a big storm. Doesn't show much as far as a category rating but it is big nontheless. We got rain this afternoon from a band from it. That's the last thing i expected as its so far to the south and west of us but when I viewed it on radar it was amazingly big. Somebody is fixing to get wet. I just hope the wind doesn't do anyone harm.

Batton down the hatches C.B. looks like we are gonna be taking the dirty side dead on. 12:30 at night and I just filled up 2, 55 gallon barrels full of gas. Hope that is enough!!!!

I do not wish ill on anyone but if there is some good in this it will be that some folks in central Texas get some much needed rain.
I drove through Lee County yesterday (half way between Austin and Houston) and it looked like the whole area had been sprayed with roundup.

My step son evacuated from Houston last night. He's riding it out in San Antonio. I think that's still a little close for me. Naturally, Clayton is having their model home show this weekend at TMS. Should be interesting to see who turns out dealer wise, looking for affordable housing for the masses. And to see if the trailers will be blown away. I heard we were getting some good storms here if Ike stays on it's current projected path.

my neice an nephew in law called about an hr ago.an they are on their way out of houston now.they said they wanted to get out before the traffic got bad going out of houston.so i guess we will have company for 3 or 4 days.sounds like ike is gonna be a big storm.

novatech":h2oc82vd said:
I do not wish ill on anyone but if there is some good in this it will be that some folks in central Texas get some much needed rain.
I drove through Lee County yesterday (half way between Austin and Houston) and it looked like the whole area had been sprayed with roundup.

Nova..yep..and it continues that way on up north toward DFW. Not pretty at all. Stock tanks are very low if not dry, grass is gone and many already feeding hay. I'll take the 4-6 inches or whatever it is.

Looked like it was going to track east of Dallas last time I looked at the Ike Watch on WFAA.com.

Tn man, what do you mean you heard you got 7.5 in? You out of the country? Got no rain gauge of your own? Grandchildren pour it out? Lightening strike your gauge? Tree get blown on it? Sudex swallow it up?

Well the latest storm track takes it directly over my small place. That can't be correct. Every storm this year misses us. I'm going to weather this out at my house near Tomball. Provided that turns out ok, I'll be anxious to see how the ranch and cows weather this

TexasBred":1d4833oj said:
Most recent "projection" show it running right up I-35 after making landfall. If so then we should get some good rain.
12 hrs makes a difference, Think I-45 now. :? Ran hard today to fertilize 50 acres for oats. Just finished getting it cut in about 45 minutes ago. Amazing how wide some of the cracks are around here. No moisture what so ever in the top 6 inches. Glad I had gotten over it with the chiesel plow last May. Should be ready to plant if we can get more than 2 - 4 inches. :help:
:)

novatech":3d6lzukw said:

Been looking like that around here since mid July. Did see a little greenup from the inch or so we managed to get in early August but that has been gone for 2 weeks now. Funny, 3 miles north, east, or south is pretty and green. :x

Caustic Burno":ukmmyh2s said:
A lot of people are going to get there lives messed up with this storm, the death and destruction they bring is not worth the rain.
I'd agree but they have been pounding the coast forever. Are they any worse or is their just more "junk" for them to blow around and tear up. I know their is a lot more concrete and asphalt to make flooding worse.

Look a Lowell, if it weren't for Ike we would probably be getting some good rain from him so I'm still sweating getting screwed out of rain from Ike. Hope everyone fairs well, kind of feel uneasy about this one myself.

Drove from Longview to Austin this afternoon. Traffic is definitely picking up. Hope I can make it back home tomorrow night....

For all you folks on the coast down there, I'm praying for your safety. This sucker looks bad.

Latest posts