Round 2 Ike

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":zcoafd0y said:
We got an inch today from one of the bands. This is a big storm! Ya'll be careful.
Your 900 miles away. Now I know I'm going to be pis**d if we don't get some good rains and it flys within 50 miles. :D Wouldn't be the first time. :)

My daughter and son in law with their newborn baby live in Tomball. They are "hunkered down", but I am worried about them and all the poor souls near the Texas coast. I hope everyone gets the rain they need without any human cost. Keep your knickers dry, Caustic!

Horticattleman":83d98110 said:
Storm surge in South Louisiana is supposed to be 15-20'. Thats right FEET. Hope all you people get your rain. :roll:
Don't take this the wrong way, but yall got your rain a couple weeks and didn't share. ;-) We are going to share so does that give us good neighbor status or what? :p

Caustic
Looking at the weather this morning I believe this thing is centering up on you. Baton down the hatches, and best of luck. Looks like we will be on the clean side. I hope those in Central Texas at least get some rain out of this. There has to be some good that comes out of this thing.

novatech":1dqdcd39 said:
Caustic
Looking at the weather this morning I believe this thing is centering up on you. Baton down the hatches, and best of luck. Looks like we will be on the clean side. I hope those in Central Texas at least get some rain out of this. There has to be some good that comes out of this thing.
Hmm... last plot on intellicast took it due west. http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurric ... type=track

All I can say is ...... that looks more like me on center. I believe I need to retract my last statement. Thanks Vett, I think.

Yep a 99.99% sure - no way in he77 you can lose bet - is a loser for me. :lol: Can't even coattail on the neighbors and get any rain nowdays. :)

Looked at the latest track this morning.....the center line goes 20 miles to the east of my house near Tomball, where I'm hunkered down, and then goes 20 west of my small ranch near Trinity. My gut is telling me I'm going to have some aftermath to deal with, perhaps in both places. This storm is huge.

jcummins":34bwjetz said:
Looked at the latest track this morning.....the center line goes 20 miles to the east of my house near Tomball, where I'm hunkered down, and then goes 20 west of my small ranch near Trinity. My gut is telling me I'm going to have some aftermath to deal with, perhaps in both places. This storm is huge.
The catagory 3 - 4 they were calling for 2 days ago is now 2 maybe 3. Just have to wait and see. I still has a long way to go.

Still a catagory 2 and no apparent eyewall. Winds were out of the east this morning but have shifted to the north and starting to get heavier clouds. Don't see any rain bands within 200 miles. They are all in Lousiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

1982vett":vun6x4c8 said:
Still a catagory 2 and no apparent eyewall. Winds were out of the east this morning but have shifted to the north and starting to get heavier clouds. Don't see any rain bands within 200 miles. They are all in Lousiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Shoot, we have a 100% chance of rain and an inland tropical storm wind warning all day tomorrow. I think I'm gonna go to the grocery store and watch movies tomorrow. I had better get some DVD's as I know that I can't rely on DISH to see me through on this one.

I can't imagine what it must be like living someplace where this sort of thing happens with regularity.

Lammie":178budkd said:
1982vett":178budkd said:

Shoot, we have a 100% chance of rain and an inland tropical storm wind warning all day tomorrow. I think I'm gonna go to the grocery store and watch movies tomorrow. I had better get some DVD's as I know that I can't rely on DISH to see me through on this one.

I can't imagine what it must be like living someplace where this sort of thing happens with regularity.

I cannot imagine, either. Tornados, we got 'em. Hurricanes, no way.

Lammie":2x0cceo4 said:
1982vett":2x0cceo4 said:

you planning to have power? suppose to get 70-100mph winds starting tommorow. I got my books ready to read and a flash light to read em by.

CattleHand":cntv2pvs said:
you planning to have power? suppose to get 70-100mph winds starting tommorow. I got my books ready to read and a flash light to read em by.

Don't let the goofballs at chanel 3 yank your chain. Top winds are at 110 now, it is still centered off the coast moving at 12 mph. you are 100 miles from the coast. Think a bit of the chance of it maintaining 100 mile per hour winds for the 8 hours it will take it to get up here at that speed. Now if you catch a tornado from it they will be grossly understated. :lol: I forget the name of the one that hit Houston in the early 80's. It knocked the windows out of the buildings in down town Houston. Just a bad thunderstorm by the time it got up here. Center of it passed between west of Madisonville.
I'm 25 miles to the dry side of you. Not worried about much besides the amount of rain I'm not going to get. Got that big hole in the center of it just like Gustav had. Course at least this one, unlike Gustave, is pushing a little rain ahead of it.

im lookin forward to some wind. just hope the power stays on so i got light to read by. other than that looks like it will just be a good storm. I feel sorry for the folks still in galvestin (not sure how to spell it). Being told to write your SSN on your arm. Thats not a good sign for them.

Get this folks, Winds have shifted to the NW and are blowing at about 23, still no rain.
It is raining on Cattlehand over in Bryan and is as close as about 10 miles to the east.

1982vett":3ux6i5un said:
CattleHand":3ux6i5un said:

Don't let the goofballs at chanel 3 yank your chain. Top winds are at 110 now, it is still centered off the coast moving at 12 mph. you are 100 miles from the coast. Think a bit of the chance of it maintaining 100 mile per hour winds for the 8 hours it will take it to get up here at that speed. Now if you catch a tornado from it they will be grossly understated. :lol: I forget the name of the one that hit Houston in the early 80's. It knocked the windows out of the buildings in down town Houston. Just a bad thunderstorm by the time it got up here. Center of it passed between west of Madisonville.
I'm 25 miles to the dry side of you. Not worried about much besides the amount of rain I'm not going to get. Got that big hole in the center of it just like Gustav had. Course at least this one, unlike Gustave, is pushing a little rain ahead of it.

I believe that one was Alicia. I went down the he coast the summer after that one and saw all the big boats washed up three blocks back. They said that at Surfside the waves were breaking three blocks inland. Breaking, now... I bet the house we stayed in is gone.

I am waiting for daylight coverage to see what happened. All that night footage is useless.

It finally happened. :shock: Started raining at 8:58 am. Hope it rains for more than 10 minutes. Wind is turning more to WNW @ 25

Latest posts