Rocky Mountain Select sale

Help Support CattleToday:

rancherswife

Reaction score
Any of you Longhorn breeders ever been??
We are thinking of going on Vacation in August and thought it might be worth taking the trailer. We were headed that way anyway (in-laws are in Monument) so....thought we might check it out. Anybody know anything?
BTW I was reading the april Trails yesterday and I think we might have some celebrities on this board :lol:
Take Care

I've wanted to go to that sale since it started but just can't get away to another sale any time soon. I finally got one weekend at home and am off agin to Arkansas next week to a show. Besides, I need to sell a few before I buy more, bought a couple at the Cherry Blossom sale and aalso at the Dixie Classic sale. If you go, keep us posted.

I have never been there personally but have bought several cattle there. I heard from several accounts that is was a very nice sale to be at so I think it would be worth your time.

Who are those celebrities you refered to?

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ OYSTERS!!!!

Thanks for the info everyone. Hubby made the decision last night we are going to the sale. Don't know if we will come home with anything, depends on the prices.
My Grandson wants to buy a young heifer with his fair money so we will probably help him out if he finds one there.
I,m gonna hide the checkbook and handcuff the hubby tho :lol: :lol: He gets to a sale and them arms start to waggin up and down like a crazy man!!!
Thanks again for the info.

as for the celebrities I'm gonna let them FESS UP!! :lol:

My wife went to that sale last year with 2. P.O.'d them and brought back. Sold them at private treaty this year for 3X what the highest bid was there.

According to her, some animals were very reasonably priced; others too low; others high. Quality of one's cattle is evaluated (via pedigree, photos, etc.) before they will let you place one/some in the sale.

Just like the RFD-TV sale: Auctions are crap shoots...some win big, others get "fair price", still others are offered at or less than cost to enter them and transport them. Quick money for seller; however, obviously no guarantees.

rancherswife":1g79yzop said:

i think i saw who you were talking about. It for sure wasnt me if you were looking at the April Trails, although I am in there a handful of times in the March issue.

Ryan

Ryan":uz6gumbo said:
rancherswife":uz6gumbo said:

It for sure wasnt me if you were looking at the April Trails,

Ryan

Ryan,
Don't be modest, You know your the man.
Goolie Mooglie

Latest posts