Boy I can't believe I did it!!!! That is Amber now I will post Emily's picture
DSCF0009.jpg
Do they look good?

WisRose":4g7wgasz said:
Boy I can't believe I did it!!!! That is Amber now I will post Emily's picture
DSCF0009.jpg
Do they look good?

Yes!

I like the KCF Bennett bull that they are promoting this year. His BW to YW spread is great, and his actual marbling was 150% of his contemporaries. He is Feltons on the top side.

I also like the Remitall's alot, but have heard about the big calves, I have a Boomer granddaughter nice cow, great calf. I mostly have Domino (Dominette) and Victor stuff, some Vindicator.

I also would not pay $150 a straw, but just for grins check out the Remitall Keynote 20X semen priced at $2000 a straw.

CattleAnnie, your thoughts on the rumors around the Feltons 517 bull?

Alan

Alan":1ulk8xvi said:
I also like the Remitall's alot, but have heard about the big calves, I have a Boomer granddaughter nice cow, great calf. I mostly have Domino (Dominette) and Victor stuff, some Vindicator.

I also would not pay $150 a straw, but just for grins check out the Remitall Keynote 20X semen priced at $2000 a straw.

CattleAnnie, your thoughts on the rumors around the Feltons 517 bull?

Alan

What rumors around the Feltons 517

I'm sorry for opening this can of worms. I have spoke with several hereford people in the NW, it sounded to me like the rumors are rumors, but common knowledge. One area of the rumor would be easy to track down but I have never done it.

I won't post them in this forum but will be happy to Pm you or email you if you would like.

Sorry for the rumors...didn't intend to stir the pot.
Alan

:shock: What rumors? I'm would like to know. :eek: I saw the Keynote price :shock: these heifers are supposed to be Keynote daughters if I heard the guy right. I am still waiting on their papers.

If you guys hadn't heard the rumors, I would say that I was, once again led down the wrong trail. Sorry I said anything.

Alan

I realy love the Remitall bulls I have used almost all of there herd sires at one time or another and with great results. You can breed the frame and the muscle down on the Remitall bred cattle but in all honesty why would you want to thats what the cattle market wants today high yeild muscle filled feeder calves thats the way to go if you ask me. I personally like the new heavier style of Herefords I think they are flashier and if you know how to breed then you don't have calving problems just have to pay real close attention when using Remitall sired calves fro herd sires.

Keynote calves will sell for 10 times that on te market today jsut sold an ET heifer out of 20X for 13K so why would you laugh about something like that

bolsen":2bkmowly said:
Keynote calves will sell for 10 times that on te market today jsut sold an ET heifer out of 20X for 13K so why would you laugh about something like that

can you tell us a little more about the heifer? how old? was this a private treaty or sale consignment? who is her dam?

The heifer was actually a very phenotypically correct heifer as well as a well numbered structurally corect female. She was Sold private treaty to Reynolds Herefords. She was Actually an embryo out of Remitall Online and Remitall Catalina which by the way if none of you know sold for over 150K for half interest, Just thought that i would throw that out there though from a prior topic. But she was an all around female and actually if she would have been sold by Remitall then she would have sold for probably about 2 times that amount.

bolsen":vibtrqch said:
She was Actually an embryo out of Remitall Online and Remitall Catalina which by the way if none of you know sold for over 150K for half interest,

are you sure? Catalina is Online's dam.

oh thats my fault It Was Remitall Online and Remitall Katina who the embryo was out of thats my fault bad typo thanks for catching it though

bolsen":2qicnkq5 said:
She was Actually an embryo out of Remitall Online and Remitall Catalina

i also thought you said she was a 20X daughter:

bolsen":2qicnkq5 said:
jsut sold an ET heifer out of 20X for 13K

there was a Keynote 20X daughter that went for close to that but she wasn't an ET calf though

bolsen":z09gdjtd said:
there was a Keynote 20X daughter that went for close to that but she wasn't an ET calf though

but that's not what you said. shall i post it for you again?

bolsen":z09gdjtd said:
jsut sold an ET heifer out of 20X for 13K

How did you get your start and how many years have you been in the cattle business, Bolsen? It sure has been a slow process pulling myself up by my own bootstraps.

Latest posts