random septic tank inspections

Help Support CattleToday:

cowrancher75

Reaction score
neighboring counties have had this going on for a few years now.. our county just decided to do it for our "health and safety"

bless them.

I know a guy who lives in the next county.. they jumped his gate to check his septic.

You have to pay a fee for them to come and check.. a permit for its 'operation'.... and possible another fee..

if you do not allow them in, or pay the fees.. you will get a lien placed on your house.

just another money grabbing tactic and another way to snoop into peoples properties.

Might have to get into septic installation as I know probably 1/2 the county will need to be replaced.

Yes and the $6000 to $10000 aerobic system with sprinklers is the only one permitted in my county. Looks like there was a lot of lobbing by these companies for the systems.

cowrancher75 said:
neighboring counties have had this going on for a few years now.. our county just decided to do it
for our "health and safety"
bless them.

just another money grabbing tactic and another way to snoop into peoples properties.

Might have to get into septic installation as I know probably 1/2 the county will need to be replaced.
I doubt a desire to snoop is the reason.

So which is it?
A money grabbing tactic.
or
1/2 the septic systems in your county are health/ground water hazards.

In our county the septic system is required to pass inspection to transfer title/deed, even for
within family transfers. I would think that would eliminate the need for any random government
inspections.

Have a friend who puts in septic tanks and he gave the inspector a motorcycle and gives him a case of Jack Daniels for Christmas each year and all his septic systems pass inspection without any trouble whatsoever even if they are not up to code.

I lease pasture from the main why built the computer program where your phone line is connected to the circuit board on a areboic system. In rhere's a malfunction it's automaticly calls and snitches you out. . The decline of the landline pretty much killed that deal. So you have to pay a private company 300.00 a year to Inspect. 3 houses on the place only one has a areboic. I send the check ever year. Funny thing is. In the 15 years that areboic system has been there it was only checked in it's first year.....

Please excuse ant worse than usual spelling or punctual.. I just had a lil minor eye surgery and can't see shirt. ....plus in driving

my aerobic system cost $5800 turnkey in 2009. Every new build in a flood zone is required to go aerobic but there are hundreds of traditional septic systems grandfathered in and lots that were put in 'under the table'.
I too have to keep a maintenance contract up for my system and like the poster above, he only came out the 1st year, tho I have had to have it worked on several times over the last 10 years, so I guess that counts as an inspection. The aerobic installer/repair guy gets the annual fee, not the county. It's $200/year.

callmefence said:
Please excuse ant worse than usual spelling or punctual.. I just had a lil minor eye surgery and can't see shirt. ....plus in driving

Maybe my favorite quote ever! :lol:

callmefence said:
I lease pasture from the main why built the computer program where your phone line is connected to the circuit board on a areboic system. In rhere's a malfunction it's automaticly calls and snitches you out. . The decline of the landline pretty much killed that deal. So you have to pay a private company 300.00 a year to Inspect. 3 houses on the place only one has a areboic. I send the check ever year. Funny thing is. In the 15 years that areboic system has been there it was only checked in it's first year.....

This is hilarious. You are providing a confession that you cannot see "shirt". Lol. But you are driving. :cboy:

I hope you don't have an accident. A liability lawyer would use your "confession" to seal his case. Better call Saul!

Bright Raven said:
callmefence said:

This is hilarious. You are providing a confession that you cannot see "shirt". Lol. But you are driving. :cboy:

I hope you don't have an accident. A liability lawyer would use your "confession" to seal his case. Better call Saul!

He needs the Texas Hammer.

Interesting. My septic tank was put in during the 60s. We don't have any kind of required inspections. There are still some farm houses around here where the sink just runs through a pipe and out in a field or over a hill.

Bright Raven said:
callmefence said:

Your right....that 7 pack I used to wash down the pain pill couldea clouded my judgement........

Our County Tax Appraiser puts a $13000 value on each septic system at $2.00 per hundred dollar value that equates to $260 tax per year per septic system. If it is not used it is taxed, it does not matter if it was put in by hand 60 years ago it is still taxed.

All these unproductive jobs and burocracy is how governments keep us employed these days. Over here the only productive jobs that are actually earning the country money is agriculture and mining so government creates this red tape so people can be employed policing it which just has the money swirling round and round down the gurgler.

Ken

herofan said:
Interesting. My septic tank was put in during the 60s. We don't have any kind of required inspections. There are still some farm houses around here where the sink just runs through a pipe and out in a field or over a hill.

It's not just sinks.

I wouldn't mind greywater system too much, having lines from the kitchen or even the shower and washing machine but draw the line at anything from the toilets going out into the yard or pasture.
But greywater release is illegal here too, because I'm so close to a river that provides drinking water for folks downstream..like Houston Metroplex..

greybeard said:
I wouldn't mind greywater system too much, having lines from the kitchen or even the shower and washing machine but draw the line at anything from the toilets going out into the yard or pasture.
But greywater release is illegal here too, because I'm so close to a river that provides drinking water for folks downstream..like Houston Metroplex..

i figured it be pretty good to run the washer drain out to the pasture to provide more water.. yea. that didn't work out so well. you can really smell the soap pretty far.

I dug a 5 gallon pit and we used that for 2 years for all our drains / toilets and it did fine. i put in a new tank and 100' of leech and it was golden.

where i bought now the guy who built it had another system for a trailer and he hooked up the house to that. Even though it working fine i'm sure Mr. Inspector A33hat will need a new system put in.

meanwhile.. most of the cities sewage lines are broken and leaking but hey.. thats okay.

A lot of straight pipes in the county. Creeks, hills and mountains everywhere. A lot don't even know what a septic system is much less an aerobic system. Several of the poorest counties in the northern hemisphere are around here and electricity and running water is still considered optional.

a2f1DIG.jpg

jltrent said:
A lot of straight pipes in the county. Creeks, hills and mountains everywhere. A lot don't even know what a septic system is much less an aerobic system. Several of the poorest counties in the northern hemisphere are around here and electricity and running water is still considered optional.

a2f1DIG.jpg

my last place had an outhouse that looked just like that.

this place had a old house on it.. not occupied since the early 70's.. i found the septic when i as tearing it down.. it looked like it was just crapped in!

Latest posts