Countyline stock tank

Help Support CattleToday:

It works for a while, but problem we have is those tanks get hairline cracks that just keep coming. To look at them it doesn't look like they'd leak out but they eventually do
The last time we used that flex seal stuff, it held for about year before it started leaking again.
Beats the **** out of replacing them at the first sign of a leak.

I bought 6 or so 100 to 200 gallon poly tanks a couple years ago from a guy who had sold out. Got them for $30 a piece I think. You'll find a deal somewhere if you're patient.

I just can't justify buying anything new now. Everything's been used. From feeders to chute. Even used gates and panels. Have I said that I'm cheap? 😆
I agree.
if I can buy used I always do.
the problem is since covid I swear use cause as much as new even if it's a little beat up because it's a higher quality especially if it's 20 years old.

It works for a while, but problem we have is those tanks get hairline cracks that just keep coming. To look at them it doesn't look like they'd leak out but they eventually do
The last time we used that flex seal stuff, it held for about year before it started leaking again.
Quite a few years ago, someone (probably kids) shot 2 of our stock tanks that were near the road. We used JB Weld to plug up the holes and they still don't leak.