Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one checked your portfolio since the election. Looks like some stocks are going to be up. Ones that actual make a product for the consuming public have responded with some actual gains.

Stocks that did well with Covid are selling off and the value stocks are doing better. If I had to guess I would say healthcare stocks are the way to go right now even if they are a den of thieves.

The renewable energy and electric car stuff looks grossly over-valued to me.

In my opinion, which doesn't mean a thing, stocks are over valued and not supported by fundamentals. If it wasn't for government intervention propping up the market, it would have had a correction a good while back.

Hate to be a naysayer, just a matter of time when the stock market is going to crash and burn. If I was younger I would have a different outlook over the long term.

Might have been the wrong thing to do, but I took the gains on some of the stuff that's up 25 to 50% this year.

Stopped buying individual stocks about 10 years ago. Mutual funds and ETF's for me.

Ed's fund picks performed better during the downturn last March. Pretty much the way those funds are set up. However, their popular growth fund picks are lagging my Vanguard growth funds at an alarming way.

Last edited:
In my opinion, which doesn't mean a thing, stocks are over valued and not supported by fundamentals. If it wasn't for government intervention propping up the market, it would have had a correction a good while back.

Hate to be a naysayer, just a matter of time when the stock market is going to crash and burn. If I was younger I would have a different outlook over the long term.
There's a few on sale due to covid. You just have to avoid buying the overvalued ones.

Stopped buying individual stocks about 10 years ago. Mutual funds and ETF's for me.

Ed's fund picks performed better during the downturn last March. Pretty much the way those funds are set up. However, their popular growth fund picks are lagging my Vanguard growth funds at an alarming way.
I ended up with about half in an etf.
Ain't done near as good as Tesla did. Lol

Tesla has only gone up on speculation. They are wayyyyyyy overvalued. The company hasn't actually made hardly any money. Somehow they're valued more than any other car manufacturer, including Ford, GM, and Toyota. The market has been pretty optimistic about anything the last few years. It's bound to fall some time and those with money in overvalued companies will lose the most.

Tesla has only gone up on speculation. They are wayyyyyyy overvalued. The company hasn't actually made hardly any money. Somehow they're valued more than any other car manufacturer, including Ford, GM, and Toyota. The market has been pretty optimistic about anything the last few years. It's bound to fall some time and those with money in overvalued companies will lose the most.
Yup Tesla is super risky. One false move and they are sunk.

My brother got me in to some kind of ETF type deals with banks. Said they were way undervalued. One is large banks and the other is small banks. The small banks one killed it with DIS Monday. It was up like 15% from Friday also.

Last edited:
Enron, Worldcom, ERF, KMart, Chesapeake, Clean Energy Fuels, Integrated Electrical Services, CVR Partners....just a few that come to mind. I swing for a base hit rather than a grand slam... and yes, I own/owned Tesla, Amazon, Apple, Costco, and the others in mutual funds and ETF's. Putting money on a basket of stocks, or bonds, has proven to be the way I need to invest. Picking stocks wasn't working for me.

Any one checked your portfolio since the election. Looks like some stocks are going to be up. Ones that actual make a product for the consuming public have responded with some actual gains.
For the amount invested the stock market is as good as the livestock market and a lot of less hard work. I pick and manage my portfolio. 25% is in VWNEX 30% cash, and the balance in stocks that I pick and manage. Also savings bonds that we accumulated over the years with some paying an average of 4% which some are maturing. Also some cows that I have that I keep to subsidize the beef market.

Yes, and they issue new shares every year but people keep buying the stock even though they are financial dog s**t.

Be certain, stocks will crash a few times in the next several months! When, no one knows. Buy stock of quality companies, hold gold, bitcoin, ag property, timber. We are on the edge of a massive asset boom due to Powels free money policies. Just my 2 cents, but I steer clear of companies "too big to fail" ie: FB, Amazon, netflix, google, big banks, Tesla, giant oil companies etc..... what happened the last time pasture patties hit the fan? They all dropped like a rock in a day or two, some will get bailouts but some won't.

Yes, the stock market is up recently due to less uncertainty.

Most people sell some stock to buy other stock, so the talking heads like to discuss rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts