Put your best bovine on the board!

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
I see so many people get torn a new one on the boards. At the same time, I can't necessarily say it's without cause. I've learned a ton from harsh critiques.

Anyway, I'd like to see the best animals of all these Guru's and people who heavily critique animals on the board. It'll help me to get an idea of what to look for when purchasing cattle.

Show us what your operation is made of...

Thanks.

P.S. - Beefy, I always enjoy the cattle you post. Please don't let me down on this one. Post a pic.

I don't know if she's our best or not but she is our first Midland mom.
100_05451.jpg

Her calf is lot 700 at Midland Bull Test

Nice straws....uh, I mean herd bulls, Alan.

Alice

Alice":2subs2zm said:

Alice

Didn't take anyone long.... and the feed cost on these bulls is great!

Alan

Alice":2i954y1c said:

Alice
You right Alice. Probaly many of us have some that would be equal to them or better in our tanks.

I doubt better. Just my opinion, but we all look and want different things out of bulls. RIght now that Bennet bull is at the top of the hereford game.

oakcreekfarms":2gddvfhu said:
I doubt better. Just my opinion, but we all look and want different things out of bulls. RIght now that Bennet bull is at the top of the hereford game.

Your right about the game, Barnum was right. Not the best bull just the best sales pitch.

I guess what I was stating was that you can't find another hereford bull with the overall and consistant numbers, in which the calves ratio high in everyone's herd through out the nation. Check it out on the AHA

oakcreekfarms":ipdb1n40 said:
RIght now that Bennet bull is at the top of the hereford game.

I would have to agree with that statement. Pedigree-wise, he doesn't fit into my linebreeding program, but if I wasn't concerned with that, I'd be using M326 heavily. He's producing the numbers and you see calf after calf of his that just knock your eyes out. Several pictures of his calves have been posted here on this forum. They just have the look of efficient, easy doing cattle. Add to that reasonable semen/certificate cost and I can't think of a Hereford bull that I could give a higher recommendation.

George

This calf is probably the best bull calf that I've had, so far.

Born November 1 - pictured at about 10 days old -and not great pictures, especially of the cow.

RubyCalf2.jpg

RubyCalf1.jpg

He's the result of a Keynote son crossed on a Pure Gold daughter. His mother is a cow that I purchased as a heifer from Colyer in their first Internet sale in 2002. Here is her picture then:

2017_1.jpg

At a month of age now, he looks even better and he is growing like a weed - already as large as some heifer calves a month older. Hope to get some more/better pics soon.

George

Herefords.US, nice looking hereford cow you have there. Also, everyone elses cattle looks great also. I am going to try and figure out how to post the picture of Styles on here. Could I get some help from someone? Thanks!

Latest posts