~pull up a chair... and come on in~

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43":1fc2widg said:
Got a dope headed neighbor that lives on 10 acres, who shoots deer rifle across property line, he has threatened to kill me several times, cops won't do anything because they have no proof, his word against my word, he shot 2 shots over the other neighbors head yesterday, called police, he told them he had not shot, same thing no proof, they can not do anything.

sounds like you need a drone.

Feeling Christmassy! (Is that really a word?) My wife is already cooking up a storm for Christmas Eve dinner tonight. Christmas songs are playing. My daughter, Husband and grandson (3 yrs old) will be here from western Nebraska latter today. My other two grandchildren (3 and 18 months) are playing in the living room. They will go home this evening but be back with my son and his wife to open presents tomorrow morning with my other two sons and daughter in-law. Presents are under the tree and we are even forcast to get a little snow tomorrow for a white Christmas. Hope everyone else has a happy and joyous Christmas!!

cowboy43":1d82dcvk said:
Got a dope headed neighbor that lives on 10 acres, who shoots deer rifle across property line, he has threatened to kill me several times, cops won't do anything because they have no proof, his word against my word, he shot 2 shots over the other neighbors head yesterday, called police, he told them he had not shot, same thing no proof, they can not do anything.
Go pro, Camera phone, voice record, voice memo.....any number of ways.

I just discovered that my shop vac works well in cleaning up all the loose junk in my refrigerator. Gotta watch those light weight packages though....they get sucked up fast!!!

cowboy43":1is6fzmj said:
Shoot through your house in such a way that the lead wont be found. Then put one through him big enough that the lead will be easily found. You will just be defending yourself.

GAH, Away in a manger.. the one christmas song that I really really dislike.. don't know why, it just drives me batty

How about them Canucks??? they seem to have had a lot of help from the opposing teams these days.. twice in 2 games they had a goal scored for them by the opposing team!

OwnedByTheCow":17fjg5sw said:
my sister's family decided that they are going to try to homeschool their daughter. So my brother in law quit his job to do this. Now they have to take out a loan to get christmas gifts and my niece does not really need to be home schooled they are trying to be a one income family with two children to support. That has got our whole family upset because they are expecting us to just go and help them but we can't help them. Not just that they have no idea how to raise children every stage that their kids go through they have to act it has only ever happened to them. Their 3 year old daughter started having nightmares. Like all kids do. now she sleeps full time with her mom in their room while my brother-in law sleeps on the couch downstairs. It is driving me crazy cause 9 years ago we helped buy them a house which they could have kept but my brother-in law for no reason quit his high paying job so the house foreclosed. He was in college till his thirties but still can not get any job because he never finished any of the many degrees that he tried to go for. And their 10 year old son has no social skills whatsoever. Everything he knows is taught to him by our family. it has gotten so bad that no one wants to take him any where in fear of being embarrassed because of his lack of social skills. that has almost ruined our whole christmas

My neighbor that has over a dozen dogs homeschooled all her kids. What a mess they have become. They cannot cope with society. One of them was in college and doing great until something went wrong his junior year. Oldest son in prison. Oldest daughter is being peddled by some pimp in Dallas.

all of these home school train wrecks just make me opposed to the concept.

The problem with home schooling is that they will not know anymore than the parents. Some can pull it off and some cannot. Same with school vouchers you might get a voucher but the private school that you want the child go to may not let you attend the school of your choice because they have no vacancy.

Hey, I was homeschooled.. I do have some social skills I'd like to think, though I'm not a social butterfly.

There's plenty of trainwrecks from the public school system too, lets not forget them..

Homeschooling is as good or bad as the parents who are doing it. I know one young man who was home schooled, he turned out great. He was also an only child but whenever we saw him at events, he merged right in with others his age and had good social skills.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We were missing a couple family members this year but it was still nice to get the rest together.

I bought hubby a home brewing kit, he is gonna try his hand at making beer. He had talked about being interested in it, now we will see if there is enough "mad scientist" in him to make a good batch. I got a pressure canner, not the most glamorous gift but something I have been wanting. Want to advance past salsa and jellies in the hot water bath canner. Son got a game camera, he is very interested to see what he has prowling around his place at night.

I know Christmas isn't about the gifts, but when people love you and know you well enough to buy you things you want and appreciate it makes it all that much sweeter.

In reguards to home schooling: you get out what you put in. It's not for everyone. Some parents do it just to be lazy. So they can sleep in. Some parents do it because they think it's best for the kids when in fact the parent can't devote the time needed. And some parents do it because it's best for the kids, and are able to devote the time needed to make it work and make it work very well. Including having the kid be part of other groups wether it's sports or clubs or whatever. That helps with the social aspects. I like to think that we are part of the latter group. There are some very successful and well rounded people that were homeschooled

I am usually a little shy when I meet a whack of people at once... but I'll usually find someone interesting enough to talk to and have a good time in any place.

MO_cows":2iaj3ie8 said:
Homeschooling is as good or bad as the parents who are doing it. I know one young man who was home schooled, he turned out great. He was also an only child but whenever we saw him at events, he merged right in with others his age and had good social skills.

My oldest grand daughter was home schooled through Jr High.
She decided that she wanted to public HS to participate in the events that go with HS.
Graduated Salutatorian with full ride to TAMU

I was home schooled after the 3rd grade, that was 15 years ago when I was still in public school and it was bad then. Can't really imagine what it would be like now.

Latest posts