~pull up a chair... and come on in~

Help Support CattleToday:

On the way to pick up some hay I saw again some nice groups if calves. There is no sale barn for 50 miles. What should I do?
A. Look out the other window and act like I seen nothing?
B. kick the dirt and say " I could buy em all if I'd of( fill in the blank)
C.

alisonb":qb8t0spq said:
I'm not feeling too 'Christmassy' this year. Anyone else?
Me neither Alison. :(
I guess for me, there have been too many other things to worry about.
I am down with my grand kids now so I'm getting more in the spirit of things. We decorated cookies today and went to see all the lights this evening. People sure put on some beautiful displays. We went through a neighborhood that does all different Disney displays in each yard. Most were home made cut outs of all different characters. And of course some fabulous Nativity scenes. Really beautiful!

Nesi - the heat is definitely playing it's part, it's around 36C. We do have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, that will be a Christmas present like no other. Thanks for the wishes, same to you.

Brangus - that sounds pleasant, nothing like children to put you in the spirit :D

Deepsouth - Thanks, same to you. Don't you get down now :eek:

My family will be arriving this afternoon, we will be having a barbecue tonight. Tomorrow it's cold meats and salads - chicken, roast leg of lamb, a silver side roast and leftover barbecue. Some sort of pudding, yet to decide. Beds are made up, house is tidy and I'm hot and tired but getting into the 'mood', even managed some Christmas decorations :D

my sister's family decided that they are going to try to homeschool their daughter. So my brother in law quit his job to do this. Now they have to take out a loan to get christmas gifts and my niece does not really need to be home schooled they are trying to be a one income family with two children to support. That has got our whole family upset because they are expecting us to just go and help them but we can't help them. Not just that they have no idea how to raise children every stage that their kids go through they have to act it has only ever happened to them. Their 3 year old daughter started having nightmares. Like all kids do. now she sleeps full time with her mom in their room while my brother-in law sleeps on the couch downstairs. It is driving me crazy cause 9 years ago we helped buy them a house which they could have kept but my brother-in law for no reason quit his high paying job so the house foreclosed. He was in college till his thirties but still can not get any job because he never finished any of the many degrees that he tried to go for. And their 10 year old son has no social skills whatsoever. Everything he knows is taught to him by our family. it has gotten so bad that no one wants to take him any where in fear of being embarrassed because of his lack of social skills. that has almost ruined our whole christmas

images

Got to be from Mississippi

I have no problem feeling "Christmascy". It's a special time of the year and I can get a smile on my face just sitting her with the dog thinking about the birth, life and death of Jesus. I am very very blessed yet so undeserving. Merry Christmas everyone.

I don't feel Christmasy either. We are about flooded here in Middle GA and more rain on the way until after lunch. It could be worse. No tornados yet.

Nesikep":u4ud2nwq said:
I"m not much of any holiday person.. I do enjoy Christmas, but I get SO SICK of garbage Christmas music being funneled into my ears everywhere I go from Halloween to Valentines... I get an overload of it and find its a dilution of the Christmas spirit, not an enhancement of it.

Alison.. I would have a hard time feeling christmasy when it's warm out.. do you even have a cool if not cold season? MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!.. did that help?
I'm with you on the money making racket that it's become. Hence why I bought all my gifts this year at Value Village, pawn shops and second hand stores!
I agree. I'd move Christmas to July or whenever it's coldest if I lived in the lower part. The real problem (if you have to have a problem) would be where it never gets cold.

Got a dope headed neighbor that lives on 10 acres, who shoots deer rifle across property line, he has threatened to kill me several times, cops won't do anything because they have no proof, his word against my word, he shot 2 shots over the other neighbors head yesterday, called police, he told them he had not shot, same thing no proof, they can not do anything.

cowboy43":2ltalbkl said:
Got a dope headed neighbor that lives on 10 acres, who shoots deer rifle across property line, he has threatened to kill me several times, cops won't do anything because they have no proof, his word against my word, he shot 2 shots over the other neighbors head yesterday, called police, he told them he had not shot, same thing no proof, they can not do anything.

Back hoe and A quiet mouth.

Bestoutwest":boj10c64 said:
Deepsouth":boj10c64 said:
This may be a little to politically charged for this tread. If it is I won't hold it against the moderators if they delete it.

Today at a company Christmas dinner I was given a piece of pecan pie. I love pecan pie it may be my favorite pie. This one had chopped pecans instead of whole half's. The pie was ok but I much prefer whole to chopped pecans on pie.
What do y'all prefer whole or chopped?

I realize how personal and emotional this subject is but I would like everyone to remain civil in this discussion.

I'm going to go one further. I prefer a good chocolate chip cookie to pie any day of the week. Especially the kind WITHOUT nuts. Nothing ruins a chocolate chip cookie like walnuts. Whoever thought of that should be strung up by their toe. It's insane.

I prefer a good cobbler to pie, cake, or cookies. Preferably hot peach cobbler.

Latest posts