Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

You should have a blown out a tire on a loaded trailer and the only tire shop open anywhere close is Walmart. Decide it's time for new tires and they want you to pull the trailer inside. I really felt bad for the guy that put the tires on and had to clean that up. I gave him a $20 tip.
Been there! Helping my best friend haul calves and blew out on the last load. Except she kept driving while I watched the rest of the tire fly down the highway in chunks in the side mirror. When we went through town, people kept pointing, like we didn't know we were (by then) missing the entire tire. Good times!!:ROFLMAO:IMG_20200128_113059836.jpg

Been there! Helping my best friend haul calves and blew out on the last load. Except she kept driving while I watched the rest of the tire fly down the highway in chunks in the side mirror. When we went through town, people kept pointing, like we didn't know we were (by then) missing the entire tire. Good times!!:ROFLMAO:View attachment 42903
I did something like that as well. Was hauling hay when I blew out a tire on the inside duel. I didn't want to change it on a busy highway so I just drove on home, just a little slower; I was only thirty minutes from home. The tire was shot and would need replaced. Unloaded, dropped the trailer off at the tire shop to be replaced, and I didn't have to mess with a tire. I figure that was a win win.

Lines from an old song....

Long strips of rubber that you see
Were burnt off of this rig by the likes of me
And they'll rot along the highways in this land
I'm gonna sign my name in this diesel smoke
And let the ones that come along behind me choke
And try to beat this pace I'm a settin' the time they can

3 dogs running thru the woods and water. It's what dogs do. One, barely in the picture with a front paw extended while another, because of when the picture was snapped, appears to be missing a leg.

But, for me, my mind's eye also sees two tree trunks that for all the world, each very much resembles a dog's long bony leg and paw, one fore leg, one rear leg. It's just how I look at pictures.

I bet the dogs enjoyed the outing as much or more then you did.

Rome plow!! I was drafted in 68, my AIT was 62E20 '' dozer operator'. They trained a lot of folks to use them to clear jungle in Vietnam.:('
I was never up close to it but farther south, I saw it done from the air several times. Evidently, the US Navy had a crapload of old anchor chains left over somewhere and US Army and Seabees snatched 'em up.
I guess I Corps was too mountainous, river cut and swampy to do much of that kind of clearing.

Latest posts