Polled Hereford Marketing

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":1wt1g118 said:
...I am unable to locate a mating. I already checked the STAR lineup.?

They'll be there, they just don't produce yearling and two year old top sires overnight! Huth's dispersal will also help water your market down.

Why buy from me? I see potential in the excelleration of appreciation that the majority of breeders don't see. Hopefully, I can implement the plan..

Amazing...I don't think Iv'e ever herd it put that way. :shock:
I should have taken computer programing....dang

You ever had to research and develop anything live?

...Why buy from you?

Never asked you too? ;-) You see, I happen to see the potential in the excelleration of a know it all. You wouldn't be satisfied with plain 'ol working, good doing cattle. They don't have the paperwork or computer data statistics, or they haven't been researched and developed enough for you to earn your pot of gold.

I am grateful I have a decent paying job so I can defer all sales for five or ten years if need be. ;-)

Good, I just hope your wife and family...and your potential customers will hold the same 5 to 10 year patience!

By the way...I never said HCF was a bad person....only fickle!

It usually takes and educated person to determine someones "potential"

HerefordSire":3e01hf2r said:
I am glad I creating something may be rare which is what I am after. It will be unique in my herd. :lol:

Trying buying the Regis semen if you want rare.

HerefordSire":2eqvsb6x said:
Yes, his wisdom certainly helps me. The first time I see an Online bullock of mine headed for the Sale barn, I will make sure the "Eye of the Tiger" is playing on the loud speakers when he enters the arena.

Try just working with the worlds smallest violin!

Hill Creek Farm":3c3fyk6u said:
So, you all think I am using a different name to get back into this Hereford business? No, I am not Herefordsire in disguise. He thinks somewhat like I do, but he is flushing 3008 daughters and I am not a big fan of 3008. Take care. :cboy:

A "name" to get "back into" the Hereford business? :lol: (As if that's all it takes...for you) You mean the same business that you have on these boards.. :shock: ... that might extend out to your back porch?...if the laptop battery is working or the extension cord is long enough :shock: ;-)

Once again....the Grandsire of (what was) you're so called Red Oak bull was 3008!. Starting off with a disappointment in the line of your cattle was probably not the best plan.

Herefordsire's antic's are going to gain more populairity then yours if your not careful HCF. :D

I guess you two do think alike....cause bouncing ideas off of other people is good....but it's only good if you are willing to consider and use the advise of those people that may have more experience than you.

Take care of the Gparents! :cboy:

1848":23rj8wg1 said:
Hill Creek Farm":23rj8wg1 said:
So, you all think I am using a different name to get back into this Hereford business? No, I am not Herefordsire in disguise. ....

Herefordsire's antic's are going to gain more populairity then yours if your not careful HCF. :D

I guess you two do think alike....cause bouncing ideas off of other people is good....but it's only good if you are willing to consider and use the advise of those people that may have more experience than you.

No, Herefordsire & HCF aren't the same. Herefordsire has a well written plan for his future. What Herefordsire lacks most is long term experience in raising cattle, and actual knowledge of what will be the most likely market for his animals. That's why Hereford sire is on here, to learn more about his market. He's already got his cattle, so he's getting the experience first hand of raising cattle. He's getting all his ducks in a row for his business, got to admire a person for doing that. It sounds like Herefordsire knows how to work as well as to how to plan, that's something we should all work at.
HCF is chasing that same dream, but he didn't know how to handle the financial aspect of his dream. That's a big difference.

My opinion is Herefordsire will listen to advice but you better be ready to back up your advice with real facts and figures.

And my advice to HCF is he should work a few years and learn to manage money. Maybe he could hire onto one of the Hereford farm/ranches where he knows the people. That way he's staying connected to Herefords. And he should get into college and take some financial & accounting classes.

That's some very good advice you gave to Hill Creek but I'm afraid he's way to busy being "Mr. Right up Hill Creek Man" now to ever get a job. :shock: :D

Chris H":1pybz8go said:
1848":1pybz8go said:
Hill Creek Farm":1pybz8go said:
So, you all think I am using a different name to get back into this Hereford business? No, I am not Herefordsire in disguise. ....

No, Herefordsire & HCF aren't the same. Herefordsire has a well written plan for his future. What Herefordsire lacks most is long term experience in raising cattle, and actual knowledge of what will be the most likely market for his animals. That's why Hereford sire is on here, to learn more about his market. He's already got his cattle, so he's getting the experience first hand of raising cattle. He's getting all his ducks in a row for his business, got to admire a person for doing that. It sounds like Herefordsire knows how to work as well as to how to plan, that's something we should all work at.
HCF is chasing that same dream, but he didn't know how to handle the financial aspect of his dream. That's a big difference.

My opinion is Herefordsire will listen to advice but you better be ready to back up your advice with real facts and figures.

And my advice to HCF is he should work a few years and learn to manage money. Maybe he could hire onto one of the Hereford farm/ranches where he knows the people. That way he's staying connected to Herefords. And he should get into college and take some financial & accounting classes.
Chris H, I know how to manage money and I am in college and I am enrolled in a accounting and business class. And why is the manage your money thing coming up here anyway, I had money, now, I have a little less than what I did before I helped out my grandparents. Anyway, take care. :cboy:

1848":3ebbaum1 said:
HerefordSire":3ebbaum1 said:
...I am unable to locate a mating. I already checked the STAR lineup.?

They'll be there, they just don't produce yearling and two year old top sires overnight! Huth's dispersal will also help water your market down.

Why buy from me? I see potential in the excelleration of appreciation that the majority of breeders don't see. Hopefully, I can implement the plan..

Amazing...I don't think Iv'e ever herd it put that way. :shock:
I should have taken computer programing....dang

You ever had to research and develop anything live?

...Why buy from you?

Never asked you too? ;-) You see, I happen to see the potential in the excelleration of a know it all. You wouldn't be satisfied with plain 'ol working, good doing cattle. They don't have the paperwork or computer data statistics, or they haven't been researched and developed enough for you to earn your pot of gold.

I am grateful I have a decent paying job so I can defer all sales for five or ten years if need be. ;-)

Good, I just hope your wife and family...and your potential customers will hold the same 5 to 10 year patience!

By the way...I never said HCF was a bad person....only fickle!

It usually takes and educated person to determine someones "potential"

You mean to write you can't find proof of an animal similar to which I intend to breed? Interesting...maybe a bullock calf will be worth $3.2K.

I didn't take computer programming why should anyone?

In regards to live R & D...., is what I am doing with my postings not qualify?

I am not married. However, if I were married, I don't think future clientele has anything to do with patience. Does your wife demand patience and prevent you from waiting five or ten years when you breed an animal that you sense is worth more than the market is willing to pay?

The way I figured it, the seedstock margins are higher because of the increased risk relative to the margins associated with the commercials. If you have a seedstock business, are your operation's margins smaller than a commercial operation? Does your operation use computers to operate on the field and non-field statistics? I am not searching for a pot of gold, but now you have me thinking if there is one available.

HCF is fickle? If fickle is a negative connotation, does that mean it is OK for you to disrepect someone?

Do you have a doctorate in animal science or genetics?

1848":2k3ktyln said:
HerefordSire":2k3ktyln said:
I am glad I creating something may be rare which is what I am after. It will be unique in my herd. :lol:

Trying buying the Regis semen if you want rare.

Maybe that will be the name of the first bullock, you know, in your honor. :heart:

1848":3vfkmnr3 said:
Hill Creek Farm":3vfkmnr3 said:
So, you all think I am using a different name to get back into this Hereford business? No, I am not Herefordsire in disguise. He thinks somewhat like I do, but he is flushing 3008 daughters and I am not a big fan of 3008. Take care. :cboy:

A "name" to get "back into" the Hereford business? :lol: (As if that's all it takes...for you) You mean the same business that you have on these boards.. :shock: ... that might extend out to your back porch?...if the laptop battery is working or the extension cord is long enough :shock: ;-)

Once again....the Grandsire of (what was) you're so called Red Oak bull was 3008!. Starting off with a disappointment in the line of your cattle was probably not the best plan.

Antics? Interesting usage of verbage.

Good point on the usage of advice of people with more experience. Likewise, is is a good idea to allow the flow of fresh new ideas, experienced or green, so we all don't become stagnant. Don't you agree?

HerefordSire":1m031ucu said:
an animal that you sense is worth more than the market is willing to pay?

Anything is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay. You may place a higher value on it, but it's still only worth what others are willing to pay.

dun

Hill Creek Farm":3bvhi3ls said:
Chris H":3bvhi3ls said:
1848":3bvhi3ls said:
Hill Creek Farm":3bvhi3ls said:

Chris H, I know how to manage money and I am in college and I am enrolled in a accounting and business class. And why is the manage your money thing coming up here anyway, I had money, now, I have a little less than what I did before I helped out my grandparents. Anyway, take care. :cboy:

Have you ever been to Arkansas?

dun":18fkpxfj said:
HerefordSire":18fkpxfj said:
an animal that you sense is worth more than the market is willing to pay?

Anything is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay. You may place a higher value on it, but it's still only worth what others are willing to pay.

dun

I agree with you. At the same time, it is a tad more difficult to project a value. For example, a reancher may have bred 1,000 black Angus before they caught on fire. At the time the rancher started breeding them, they may have been cold. You get the idea. Supply and demand changes with attitudes, beliefs, etc. You get my drift and I am sure you alreay know.

Maybe I can build a position now for something on fire later.

HerefordSire":2up80g74 said:
You mean to write you can't find proof of an animal similar to which I intend to breed? Interesting...maybe a bullock calf will be worth $3.2K.

I am not married. However, if I were married, I don't think future clientele has anything to do with patience. Does your wife demand patience and prevent you from waiting five or ten years when you breed an animal that you sense is worth more than the market is willing to pay?

The way I figured it, the seedstock margins are higher because of the increased risk relative to the margins associated with the commercials. If you have a seedstock business, are your operation's margins smaller than a commercial operation? Does your operation use computers to operate on the field and non-field statistics? I am not searching for a pot of gold, but now you have me thinking if there is one available.

HCF is fickle? If fickle is a negative connotation, does that mean it is OK for you to disrepect someone?

Arrrrrrrrrrgh! :roll: Good grief Herefordsire...who made you the new monitor now...as if there are not enough of us!

There is plenty of "proof". Seek "on your own" and ye shall find grasshopper!

As far as live R&D...your plan was developed prior to your committment...I would hope. Which means you had no "previous" experience with live comodities....thank you...that's all I needed to know.

If your clientele has nothing to do with patience, then why convince us (your sounding board) you have the plan of the centry....to be ready in the next decade? Surely your plan is at least 5 years ahead of your initial investment. :eek:. Moreover, how can you gain the commitment of investors (buyers) if you cannot convince them to be patient, and let it ride until you feel the moment is right. Are you all of a sudden going to have a reputation?...do you expect the customers of today's hot bulls to be there for your in 5 to 10 years?...Are you williing to commit 5 years of advertizing, elbow rubbing, and marketing to keep your customer base informed and in line with your objectives? That my friend, takes patience on both sides!

My wife has the patience of jobe. I guess I can understand why you are 45 and single. :)

Is fickle a negative connotation?...it is not...look it up in the dictionary if you have a hard time with that one...or just spend about a week reading HCF's old post. If you can't grasp the concept after that... :?:

Who cares if I have a doctorate or not! My responses seem to make you ponder. (ponder is in the dictionary too!)

HerefordSire":18yhgku5 said:

Be careful........you're stacking wet hay in a barn

1848":2nevaqhb said:
HerefordSire":2nevaqhb said:

Arrrrrrrrrrgh! :roll: Good grief Herefordsire...who made you the new monitor now...as if there are not enough of us!

There is plenty of "proof". Seek "on your own" and ye shall find grasshopper!

As far as live R&D...your plan was developed prior to your committment...I would hope. Which means you had no "previous" experience with live comodities....thank you...that's all I needed to know.

If your clientele has nothing to do with patience, then why convince us (your sounding board) you have the plan of the centry....to be ready in the next decade? Surely your plan is at least 5 years ahead of your initial investment. :eek:. Moreover, how can you gain the commitment of investors (buyers) if you cannot convince them to be patient, and let it ride until you feel the moment is right. Are you all of a sudden going to have a reputation?...do you expect the customers of today's hot bulls to be there for your in 5 to 10 years?...Are you williing to commit 5 years of advertizing, elbow rubbing, and marketing to keep your customer base informed and in line with your objectives? That my friend, takes patience on both sides!

My wife has the patience of jobe. I guess I can understand why you are 45 and single. :)

Is fickle a negative connotation?...it is not...look it up in the dictionary if you have a hard time with that one...or just spend about a week reading HCF's old post. If you can't grasp the concept after that... :?:

Who cares if I have a doctorate or not! My responses seem to make you ponder. (ponder is in the dictionary too!)

Let's get back to business. Although I am not against fun, I need to get some more research so I can develope. Please tell me a little about your operation, maybe how you got started, and a couple of things you would do different if you had the chance. Then we can go from there.

1848":3htew8lj said:
HerefordSire":3htew8lj said:

Be careful........you're stacking wet hay in a barn

Online x 3008 daughter

crossed with

CS Boomer x 3008 daughter

What do you think the wet hay would taste like if this animal existed?

Latest posts