Photos of Bismark son I owned that I had on Brangus cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice bull. I really like Bismarck. I have been around some net worth bulls and cows that don't have the best temperament, just FYI.

Warrior2154":1o90zr5v said:
Nice bull. I really like Bismarck. I have been around some net worth bulls and cows that don't have the best temperament, just FYI.

Thanks for that info. Ill have to keep that in mind. I don't think you can go wrong with a Bismark son tho, I think his sons sell really well at the SAV sale every year. I kinda like my bull better phenotypically then Bismark. If I ever go buy another angus bull, other operations I would like to try would be Express Ranches or Fink Beef Genetics.

houstoncutter":1upm37y4 said:
Darn good looking bull for a Angus........Leave the Express stock alone

Thanks for that info houstoncutter. Ill remember that

red one":2cy8dd3e said:
houstoncutter":2cy8dd3e said:
Why leave them alone?

I know five other people besides myself that have tried their bulls. All of the bulls fell apart the first season. I understand that our climate in S.E. Texas is tough on bulls, but 6 for 6. I think those animals are pushed toohard for ww and yw. Some of these same producers have used Gardnier bulls that had some trouble the first season, but then did well afterwards

houstoncutter":2sgv1rmu said:
red one":2sgv1rmu said:
houstoncutter":2sgv1rmu said:
Why leave them alone?

I know five other people besides myself that have tried their bulls. All of the bulls fell apart the first season. I understand that our climate in S.E. Texas is tough on bulls, but 6 for 6. I think those animals are pushed toohard for ww and yw. Some of these same producers have used Gardnier bulls that had some trouble the first season, but then did well afterwards
I have a good friend that only uses Express bulls, and quite a few of em, for exactly the opposite reason. He does very well.

We have never used any express so can't offer any opinion on them but we have used some Fink females in our herd and they have done an excellent job for us. We are flushing one of then this year she is 13 years old and we want to insure that we have some progeny out of her in the tank. We like to flush old cows that have always done us a good job and she is the second Fink cow that has made it to the flush pen.

Gizmom

We have never used any express so can't offer any opinion on them but we have used some Fink females in our herd and they have done an excellent job for us. We are flushing one of then this year she is 13 years old and we want to insure that we have some progeny out of her in the tank. We like to flush old cows that have always done us a good job and she is the second Fink cow that has made it to the flush pen.

Gizmom

gizmom":22svs8nu said:

Gizmom

Finks cattle do really great in Florida too, they send alot of bulls to South Florida on some big commerical ranches.

houstoncutter":1xqxdmz2 said:
red one":1xqxdmz2 said:
houstoncutter":1xqxdmz2 said:
Why leave them alone?

I know five other people besides myself that have tried their bulls. All of the bulls fell apart the first season. I understand that our climate in S.E. Texas is tough on bulls, but 6 for 6. I think those animals are pushed too hard for ww and yw. Some of these same producers have used Gardiner bulls that had some trouble the first season, but then did well afterwards

I have concerns about bringing any western cattle to my parts where its all fescue country. Ive heard it takes a year or two for them to get the gut capacity to make it out here. Good friend of mine use to buy Leachman bulls years ago and had a hard time getting them straightened out. Nothing against Leachmans bulls just an example of western cattle. I almost bought a Gardiner bull before the bull pictured. They offer a tremendous deal on there private treaty sale bulls. Free delivery nationwide even for one bull or at least then it was. And if I didn't like what they picked out send him back for another and then on top of that they have a good guarantee on the bull. But once again I was a little skeptical on western cattle coming here.