People today!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I went to the store in my chair--Had several people, adults and teens ask if they could get anything off the top shelfs for me..
Then on the way home I stopped by the Library--bunch of teens standing around the door...Two of them jumped to open both doors for me!! Then when I went to leave a different bunch held the doors for me!

Maybe there is hope for the world.. Happy New Year :D

People all around have seemed friendlier than in past years. Most retail workers have especially been in better moods than past years.

Flip side of this, Peg...

My neighbor works in Produce at HEB. She said that yesterday customers were testy and not in good moods. The worst of it...a man was discovered molesting a Barbie Doll...on the floor of the aisle where the doll was located. Full strength bleach will not be able remove the image seared into my brain upon hearing the details. :shock:

I'm glad your day brought you good cheer, Peg. My neighbor could have used it... :lol:

Alice

Alice":37rc0ov9 said:

My neighbor works in Produce at HEB. She said that yesterday customers were testy and not in good moods. The worst of it...a man was discovered molesting a Barbie Doll...on the floor of the aisle where the doll was located. Full strength bleach will not be able remove the image seared into my brain upon hearing the details. :shock:
I'm glad your day brought you good cheer, Peg. My neighbor could have used it... :lol:

Alice
sorry about that,, i was pretty embarrassed when they found me
:cowboy:

These days all we have now is each other. People should always be kind, never know when that one person is going to be the only one that can help. :nod:

alacattleman":2b0djwlj said:
Alice":2b0djwlj said:

Alice

:lol: :lol:

alacattleman":et5ytwys said:
Alice":et5ytwys said:

Alice

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Now that's funny.

Larry

peg4x4":2enrpppu said:
I went to the store in my chair--Had several people, adults and teens ask if they could get anything off the top shelfs for me..
Then on the way home I stopped by the Library--bunch of teens standing around the door...Two of them jumped to open both doors for me!! Then when I went to leave a different bunch held the doors for me!

I think sometimes we lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of good honest people out there. We have access to so much so called news today and I understand they can't go to the airport and report on the planes that don't crash, but I think the sheer amount of negative information skews our perception of the world around us.

Larry

larryshoat":hb9a9ofr said:
peg4x4":hb9a9ofr said:

I think sometimes we lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of good honest people out there. We have access to so much so called news today and I understand they can't go to the airport and report on the planes that don't crash, but I think the sheer amount of negative information skews our perception of the world around us.

Larry

I think you can find the good in a lot of people in the world today.It's just a matter of if your looking for the good or the bad.

Cal

Alice":336gxkz4 said:

Alice

Well, gee, Alice, thanks for injecting this little tidbit into an otherwise uplifting thread.

alacattleman":nd83rmc6 said:
Alice":nd83rmc6 said:

Alice

How was the Barbie doll dressed? Was she asking for it? Maybe it wasn't your fault.
:p

On a more serious note, Larry and Cal are right on the money. Bad news sells, and with the overwhelming amount of it that's shoved down our throats every day we tend to see the world in a negative light. But it's not that hard to see the good in most people if you take a minute to look for it. Even those that may outwardly seem "different" than what we're used to, or those that we strongly disagree with on some issue.

VanC":na1jytcp said:
Alice":na1jytcp said:

Alice

Well, gee, Alice, thanks for injecting this little tidbit into an otherwise uplifting thread.

I thought Peg, having worked so many years at HEB, would "appreciate" it. :nod:

Alice

Thank goodness nothing like "that" happened--We did have a guy get mad because the checker told him the phone at her stand only went around the store-He left,turned around in the lot and came back knife in hand! Manager saw him comeing,locked the doors..He attacked a woman and her husband-stabbed him,she got away by running into the metal lawn furniture..Cops came..Husband got ok..
Then a guy came while the store was closed,threw a trash can thro the door,was running up and down the aisles screaming "they're after me"--He ran into the dairy cooler,crew locked the door on him. He jumped out thro where they stock the yogert,got out the E exit..cops came..nobody hurt on that one..