People that like to argue

Help Support CattleToday:

A little arguin isn't so bad. Makes you think to defend your position. Might even learn something, or rethink something you thought you knew. As long as it isn't name calling and childish nonsense. If everyone agreed about everything all the time, we'd be a cult, wouldn't we?

MO_cows":27uzduyr said:
A little arguin isn't so bad. Makes you think to defend your position. Might even learn something, or rethink something you thought you knew. As long as it isn't name calling and childish nonsense. If everyone agreed about everything all the time, we'd be a cult, wouldn't we?
Maybe but if you're never challenged your little more than a mushroom....always in the dark and eat nothing but the same old shyt.

I think it's the petty stuff, and stuff that's purely personal opinion and politics that's annoying... horned vs polled, and the various flavors of the same kind of arguments.

I enjoy friendly debates, and yes, you can learn something if you LISTEN as well as talk...

Some wise man once said you aren't learning when your mouth is moving

TexasBred":2ev4e6b8 said:
Bigfoot":2ev4e6b8 said:
We've got a few of them here. I've never really understood why some people do it. I guess everybody entertains themselves as they see fit. Anyway, I won't say any names, but when I saw this video I thought of them.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Bigfoot you're a very spiritual person..think long enough and i bet you can think of some arguements right there in your church, whether it be on doctrine, practices or just when is the next covered dish supper but hopefully they did not end in violence or hatred.

Sometimes a person has to stand up for what it right. Others will always have a right to disagree even if they're wrong. ;-)

If you want to read some interesting history TB or Big read about the church in our country from colonization to now.
I have a really good book and I can't find it or remember the name at the moment.
We have split over some of the dang-est things imaginable.
It was quite educational as well and gave some really good insight into how we got to where we are now.

Just a few in the 1800's the Church of Christ split off from the Baptist and the Disciples of Christ from the Church of Christ
around about the Civil War. The list goes on from before from running from the Church of England or Rome and the reasons I wont go into to keep from stirring up emotional issues.

Caustic Burno":3nncs58n said:
If you want to read some interesting history TB or Big read about the church in our country from colonization to now.
I have a really good book and I can't find it or remember the name at the moment.
It was quite educational as well and gave some really good insight into how we got to where we are now.

Just a few in the 1800's the Church of Christ split off from the Baptist and the Disciples of Christ from the Church of Christ
around about the Civil War. The list goes on from before from running from the Church of England or Rome and the reasons I wont go into to keep from stirring up emotional issues.

Come up with the name I'd love to read it CB. Always enjoy reading the history and traditions of various churches around the world.

TexasBred":2sni4lpa said:
melking":2sni4lpa said:
My father told me on many occasions how much he wished he knew as much as I thought I knew....
Did you offer to help him?? :hide:
I worked for a guy that thought he was the bee's knees in his occupation. One day, I was talking to a couple of his peers and one of them said: "I could retire a rich man if I could buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he is"

melking":2u26a136 said:
My father told me on many occasions how much he wished he knew as much as I thought I knew....
That's why only 17-20 year olds should be in congress and the pres. They know everything and have all the answers. Unlike us that are older and have gotten dumb as the years pass.

Yes, youth is wasted on the young, tho the young are prone to say that wisdom is wasted on the old.
Young folks should leave home immediately and go out and save the world while they still know everything.

TexasBred":pc8kyvbi said:
Caustic Burno":pc8kyvbi said:

Come up with the name I'd love to read it CB. Always enjoy reading the history and traditions of various churches around the world.

TB I still haven't found the book but if my memory serves me correctly it was The Eternal Kingdom by Maddox.
I know there is a copy in the Church library and if that is not right I will ask another member Wednesday night that will
know.

http://drkenney.blogspot.com/2008/03/et ... ngdom.html

Latest posts