One to make the beginners Happy

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey Caustic,

Sorry to hear about the pig bite. That's got to hurt! Sure hope you are feeling better and are up and at em real soon. You know, you've come to the right place if you want some good attention for a wound.....the beginner's board!!! :)

Seriously, please give us an update to let us know how it's going, ok?

Take Care,

LisaJoy

Caustic Burno":1dkefzbc said:
Thanks for the kind words and wishes. Heck I am all right, dang hogs were jumping around like ping pong balls in that trap. Camp shot 3 times and all three went down. I was reaching in and pulling them out when a gilt decided she wasn't finished turned around and bit the crapola out of me. A half a dozen stitches and a drain tube I got out of a hog skinning. ;-)

Dang it Caustic - way everyone was carryin' on I figured it was somethin' serious like!

Li'l old pig bite like that - long as it stays clean - you be back on yore feet and killing pigs real soon.

Y'all take care now,

Bez!

Good luck caustic. Don't stop wiping out them hogs. I hate 'em too. Griz and I are doing our part to reduce their numbers here. If you haven't been to the doctor, get there.

Thanks Bez' wasn't anything except a surprise(hurt like hell) Camp shot them hogs like he allways does guess the bullet just stunned her a minute then he plugged her a couple more times.. Trap is set tonite that boy is ate up with hogs right now. We are moving up from a 22 to a 22 mag in the morning.

I really want to go Hog hunting. My old man went last week in east texas but i've never been.

Problem with the hateful beast is they are nocturnal, and these ain't the old time PWR's got something else mixed in their DNA. Put a hog dog on them scatter like a covey of quail and run like a deer.
Told Camp I was thinking about sueing for getting hog bit on his place,he had the nerve to tell me I was tresspassin and stealing pet hogs.

Hey Caustic, theres a beginners board for Feral pig at Texasboars.com. Might want to give it a shot. I wouldnt trust killing one of those things with anything less than a 9 mm for close range head shot. 30-06 for long distance. If you need any advice on the ferals, just give ole chiefy a buzz. I hope that thing didnt affect your trigger finger. Get well soon

I think everyone is missing the real tragedy here...that poor hog I'm sure she was begging to be shot after biting such a crusty ole meanie! Had to taste terrible :p
Glad your ok

Wow - he was lucky he still has FINGERS!!! :shock: Any pig has wicked teeth. Never saw wild ones. So you mean a "herd" of wild pigs were in your YARD - and you've been trapping them???
There is a group of wild hogs taking over an area about 45 minutes from here. They beg people to hunt them.
Caustic, glad you're your grouchy self = STILL. Good to hear you're OK.
So how do you trap them?? What do you use for bait??

chiefgriz":36ontq59 said:
Hey Caustic, theres a beginners board for Feral pig at Texasboars.com. Might want to give it a shot. I wouldnt trust killing one of those things with anything less than a 9 mm for close range head shot. 30-06 for long distance. If you need any advice on the ferals, just give ole chiefy a buzz. I hope that thing didnt affect your trigger finger. Get well soon

There's also some whiny posts over there Caustic about folks who shoot 'em with a 243, not knowing about their belly armor, "I shot hog and can't find it, anybody got a dog, can you tell me what I did wrong etc........"

Once I found out you were okay, I did get a hearty laugh. I thought this was going to be a joke when it started out with, "My GOOD Friend caustic...."

Those hogs are some excellent eating. Unbelievably good. But I still hate them fence wrecking varmits myself.

Glad to hear your ok too Caustic. Up grading to the 22 mag sounds like a good idea given how tough they are. I dropped one north of Tawakoni with a 12ga mag slug (right behind the shoulder) at about 30ft and was surprised it only penetrated about 3 inches. Obviously it went down, but was still kicking and I had to put another one to the head. I was actually working some Beagles on rabbits (for some tasty hausinphefer) when they flushed this hog (or maybe it was the other way around). I had seen hog signs in the area before and so always carried a couple of slugs just for such an occasion.

dcara":tru16ymc said:
Glad to hear your ok too Caustic. Up grading to the 22 mag sounds like a good idea given how tough they are. I dropped one north of Tawakoni with a 12ga mag slug (right behind the shoulder) at about 30ft and was surprised it only penetrated about 3 inches. Obviously it went down, but was still kicking and I had to put another one to the head. I was actually working some Beagles on rabbits (for some tasty hausinphefer) when they flushed this hog (or maybe it was the other way around). I had seen hog signs in the area before and so always carried a couple of slugs just for such an occasion.

Behind the shoulders doesn't get the vitals. Heart and lungs are encased within the armor in FRONT on the shoulder. Go to Texasboars.com and look for "anatomy of a hog". Behind the shoulder is perfect for deer. Move forward on your hogs.

Kill a bunch of them. Those pasture rutting fence wreckers are multiplying way too fast.

Hey Hoss....I'm glad it wasn't more serious and that we can all laugh with you so soon. What was worse--the hog bite or the ER. Don't over do it for a couple of days. Hope the Dr. prescribed a couple of belts of corn medicine.

Bret

i bet those nurses sure weren't happy to see you coming, CB. :lol:

btw, we caught 4 in a trap last night if you wanna head on over & give some lessons on what not to do. :lol:

glad to hear you're doing ok.

Latest posts