One to make the beginners Happy

Help Support CattleToday:

Hope it heals quick Caustic but you should have kept the hog for observation to make sure you didn't give it rabies or something. :lol:

Susie David":2k34zrou said:
Glad to hear that you still have the use of your hand. Never been around wild hogs, hear that some folks actually pay to hunt them. Is there some special taste to the meat or other redeeming quality to the critters? Not being a smart @ss just curious, grew up with javenla in AZ but never liked the taste.

They've honestly gotta be some of the best tasting meat there is, bar none. I'd even sacrifice putting a deer in the freezer for one of those critturs....I'm just waitin' for the BBQ invites to go out with all that hog killin' goin' on over there.....

lakading":2mapgtgv said:
Could we please put a lock on this thread already.

This goes back to the coffee shop discussion just don't click on the thread wahla you didn't have to read it.

lakading":12l6ueht said:

Why? It's getting your post count up :lol: ! Over 250 in less than 30 days :eek: !!

J

BTW- Still wondering if there is a "Guru" race going on someone ain't telling me about!

Capt Call":3oyhkn61 said:
lakading":3oyhkn61 said:

This goes back to the coffee shop discussion just don't click on the thread wahla you didn't have to read it.

What does a person getting bit by a hog have to do with beginning cattle producers???

EIEIO":1blmigdj said:
lakading":1blmigdj said:

Why? It's getting your post count up :lol: ! Over 250 in less than 30 days :eek: !!

J

BTW- Still wondering if there is a "Guru" race going on someone ain't telling me about!

Sure, cuz being a "guru" here is what I'm aiming for. :lol: :lol:

Ryder":2lbb8q6i said:
EIEIO":2lbb8q6i said:
[quote

You noticed that, :?: on more threads than just this one. ;-)

Trying to get my count up as well but this hunting and pecking takes a heck of a long time :oops: !

Lakading, honestly not trying to give you any grief. More posts the more to read is the way I look at it :D !

J

It has been rumored that just before Camp put the hog out of its misery, It had to turn around and lick its hind end to get the taste of caustic out of its mouth. :lol: Glad to hear the old codger is back to himself.

Bama":1yc4r5qn said:
It has been rumored that just before Camp put the hog out of its misery, It had to turn around and lick its hind end to get the taste of caustic out of its mouth. :lol: Glad to hear the old codger is back to himself.

:shock: :shock:

That DNA change would be RUSSAIN BOAR. Those doggone "Game Preseves" with 8 foot net wire fences introduce it.
been reading the wild hog post,i was wondering how they got started. thats pretty fliped out you all got hogs running around like that ! i remember a few time when our hog would get out, totaly ruin the pasture field, in just a few hours. and he wasnt mean. hope no body gets a brainstorm idea to transplant some of them here in wv. coyottes and ladybugs are enough thanks! we do have a wild boar, but they are rare,no big herds, never hear of any,

Caustic,

Here's some gloves that you may want to consider. ;-)

gauntlets.jpg

Take care.

Some people sour their corn but I never could stand the smell.

off topic a little, my grandpa use to sour his corn in a big wooden barel, but he wasnt bait'en pigs! LOL nothing like that smell either! years after he died my grandmother had a farm auction, dang auction ppl got in the attic of chicken house, and sold his "outside copper cooking pot" lol :( my great grandpa would help him,his job was to set by the fire. with his little glass, and test for quality LOL granny would get so mad at him.. shed fuss and say he had the 24 hour virous! LOL ;-)

Latest posts