Happy Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

All the best to our Canadian friends for your thanksgiving day.
Do the natives get restless on these days. We have Australia Day in January to celebrate the arrival of the first fleet. The natives are starting to have quite an uprising on this day now. So much for their Welcome to Country and smoking ceremonies.

Ken

Happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada.

@Silver, is your youngest daughter the one that you posted in a picture once on the horse when you were out riding with her??? Can she be that old already???
Have you seen snow? We moved cattle out of the WV pasture yesterday, and they were calling for some snow flurries there in the mountains. The trees were in full fall foliage... they were pretty... ours are just starting to turn here. It was 39 this morning so they will start to change fast now. Plus it is so dry still...

Happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada.

@Silver, is your youngest daughter the one that you posted in a picture once on the horse when you were out riding with her??? Can she be that old already???
Have you seen snow? We moved cattle out of the WV pasture yesterday, and they were calling for some snow flurries there in the mountains. The trees were in full fall foliage... they were pretty... ours are just starting to turn here. It was 39 this morning so they will start to change fast now. Plus it is so dry still...
Yes, that's the girl. It's crazy how fast they grow up.
No snow yet, it's been unseasonably warm here. 70F yesterday. We haven't had frost in awhile, and even when it did freeze it was just barely. If it wasn't so dry I think the grass would be growing. Our leaves are gone now though. I love the fall colours but they don't last long here. Yellow leaves seem to attract the wind lol

Happy thanksgiving 🦃! Youngest son came home from working in Louisiana. His wife's family is getting together Thursday. Oldest son and his family are at the beach . Daughter's family is getting together with son in law's family. So my wife and I will spend a quiet day getting ready for Sunday. There will be 15 eating here . We've added a new grand daughter since last year. God has really blessed us all ! Hope everyone has a warm and safe Thanksgiving .

We are a lot of miles from any relatives. So we go to the community Thanksgiving. A family here has been hosting this for decades at the old school. They supply the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. Everything else is potluck. There will be about 30 people there. Grandma Jean says have been doing this since before she was born and she is 94 now. Back when all the ranches had lots of single hired men, there was still the homesteads up in the hills, and the gold mines were working she said they cooked as many as 22 turkeys. Today it will be 2 or 3 turkeys. We eat at noon. All the food is them put in the gym (no heat on in there). At 5:00 they pull it out for round number 2. Between some people go home to do chores. Others stay around and play cards etc.

Latest posts