One to make the beginners Happy

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":cxuxdtcp said:
Problem with the hateful beast is they are nocturnal, and these ain't the old time PWR's got something else mixed in their DNA. Put a hog dog on them scatter like a covey of quail and run like a deer.
Told Camp I was thinking about sueing for getting hog bit on his place,he had the nerve to tell me I was tresspassin and stealing pet hogs.

Caustic, That DNA change would be RUSSAIN BOAR. Those doggone "Game Preseves" with 8 foot net wire fences introduce it. Net wire won't hold hogs. There is a Vet close to a "preserve" who has had his ranch completely wrecked. He buys potbellied boar piglets, drives up to those 8 foot fences and tosses them over into the preserve. He thinks the potbelly hogs will ruin the "trophy" hogs and take out some of that aggression you found. Hogs multiply like rats. Those introducing Russain boar ought to be shot. They are going to kill a farmer or two and cattle businesses with their escapades. Can't wait to see someone sue over it. Don't know what evidence they'd need but there sure as heck would be a bunch of farmers ready to testify.

Chiefgriz and I have curbed them for now (still got a couple that are trap wise) but neighbors are having probs. One doesn't allow deer hunting but wants me to come on the place and trap hogs. They took the entire pecan crop there on the river bottom this year. She depends on the pecan nickels for income.

txag":1vmlfpd0 said:
i bet those nurses sure weren't happy to see you coming, CB. :lol:

btw, we caught 4 in a trap last night if you wanna head on over & give some lessons on what not to do. :lol:

glad to hear you're doing ok.

Keep up the good work. Wipe 'em out every chance you get. 9 in a night is the best I ever did but they were pigs, not full grown hogs.

Glad Caustic is still able to type and scratch !
Backhoe, thanks for the insight I was wondering where all these pigs were coming from. I remember seeing something about them on one of these news programs but they never get the whole story. We need some hogs up here to hunt but not in the front yard !

Hutch":2pjqcfrb said:
I think everyone is missing the real tragedy here...that poor hog I'm sure she was begging to be shot after biting such a crusty ole meanie! Had to taste terrible :p
Glad your ok
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something doesnt seem right. There is no way that hog could penetrate his skin. It's too tough. She probable broke her tooth trying to bit him and Caustic accidently shot himself culling that hog. :dunce:

I have to question Caustic being a real cattleman now. A real cattleman would have just spit some tobacco juice on it and went about his business. :cboy:

Dont be a hardhead and do what Doc says. Believe it or not, but he/she probable knows more than you. I know it's hard to believe, but trust me on this one. Get well soon.

Heck 9er, those little shoats in that pic don't even have cutters yet. They look to be about 150 lbs - kind of like little ole yearlings. I was half expecting to see cutter teeth growing up and down.

Glad to hear your doing alright, next time I'm in Texas I'll have to check out the hog hunts. I was going to give you some grief about getting bit but you're getting plenty already. Glad your okay.

I do think the hog would have died on it's own after biting you, but maybe shooting it was the right thing... didn't want to spead rabies to the rest of the hogs. :D

Take care

Alan

Beefy":3ur3btrn said:
I dont buy it! the Caustic i know would have bit that hog back.

He prolly did. Poor lil piggy. Cuastic ought to be picking on something his own size. Atleast get something full grown. I'd be embarrassed. Lil ole shoat done kicked his backside.

I don't know what CB and CC use as bait but I use regular old corn and lots of it. Some people sour their corn but I never could stand the smell.

CB - just don't let that bite get infected, hogs carry some nasty critters in their mouths.

Glad to hear that you still have the use of your hand. Never been around wild hogs, hear that some folks actually pay to hunt them. Is there some special taste to the meat or other redeeming quality to the critters? Not being a smart @ss just curious, grew up with javenla in AZ but never liked the taste.
Anyway looking forward to hearing from your usual warn and cuddly self...hate to have your hand when the meds wear off.
Good luck to you. dave Mc

Didn't Spiderman get bit by a radioactive spider.... and then turned into Spiderman. I think that hog had eaten some of the space shuttle pieces a few years back. Look what Caustic has turned into!! :lol:
FN_102.jpg

Caustic Burno":zj27og89 said:
Told Camp I was thinking about sueing for getting hog bit on his place,he had the nerve to tell me I was tresspassin and stealing pet hogs.

You're lucky he didn't shoot you....to put you out of your misery. :lol: (JK)

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1rtclnrq said:
Caustic Burno":1rtclnrq said:

Katherine

Surely he would have put his arm in a float tank first to try to save him :)

aplusmnt":3jm1ps5t said:
Workinonit Farm":3jm1ps5t said:
Caustic Burno":3jm1ps5t said:

Katherine

Surely he would have put his arm in a float tank first to try to save him :)

???

Sure am sorry to hear you got hurt Caustic and glad to hear you're patched up and on the mend. I have absolutely 0 knowledge of wild hogs. Could you fill me in some? How much different are they than domestic hogs? How hard to kill, disposition, litters, etc.

Latest posts