One more knows the truth

Help Support CattleToday:

CSM

Reaction score
I saw a man Saturday that I had given some t-bones to a few weeks ago. He could not say enough good things about what a wonderful eating experience they had been. Then he ask me "was that angus, you know the black and white ones?" He now understands how insignificant the word angus is in relation to the eating experience. By the way, the steer was 1/2 Charolais, and Hereford/angus cross.

CSM

I always welcome an opportunity to talk to consumers. I try to inform them of the valuable information that is available on the labels. The important information is not angus on the label.
CSM

ALACOWMAN":3gkmk7lt said:
key word,, give

Some parts of the country folks is just more neighborly than others Albam. Around here we always share with the neighbors when we butcher. To bad that you live in such a tight ass part of Alabama.

Red Bull Breeder":286ub8rl said:
ALACOWMAN":286ub8rl said:
key word,, give

Some parts of the country folks is just more neighborly than others Albam. Around here we always share with the neighbors when we butcher. To bad that you live in such a tight ass part of Alabama.
yep to bad,,, and if someone give me something .. i was grateful.. you can read whatever the he#$ you want to in that :cowboy:

Red Bull, I took Alabama's remark to mean; I'd be more apt to lay the praise on pretty thick if steaks were GIVEN to me. I guess I feel the same way.

Cowdirt":1bq30kpm said:
Red Bull, I took Alabama's remark to mean; I'd be more apt to lay the praise on pretty thick if steaks were GIVEN to me. I guess I feel the same way.
actually don't turn down anything free but the "itch" is my moto,, somebody give me something free im as thankful and respectful as a pup :cowboy:

If the Angus has a tender gene as some say, I would guess the trait was passed on...After all the steer was Angus based...Probly a Hereford bull used on angus cow , then a termial cross char bull...

I mean ( when you use a Black Angus ) there is more genes being passed than just the black hide and polled gene....

Truth is, I can not tell a difference in % beef that is all fed off the same...Good beef is good beef..

The thing about people thinking black angus is the best, are the same people that think and cattle with horns MUST BE A BULL.

Black coos that calf was a quarter Angus and you give the quarter all the credit (Angus based) :)

If had been as tough as a boot would you still brag that it was Angus based? :cowboy:

mwj":39nc0m68 said:
Black coos that calf was a quarter Angus and you give the quarter all the credit (Angus based) :)

If had been as tough as a boot would you still brag that it was Angus based? :cowboy:
i bet if the feller he gave the steaks to had complained about em being tough, they would have blamed it on the angus :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":ujqiea3o said:
mwj":ujqiea3o said:

i bet if the feller he gave the steaks to had complained about em being tough, they would have blamed it on the angus :cowboy:
You only complain about a steak being tuff if you paid good money for it. A free steak is always good. (Corriente not included)

TexasBred":bcqyx6g9 said:
ALACOWMAN":bcqyx6g9 said:
mwj":bcqyx6g9 said:

You only complain about a steak being tuff if you paid good money for it. A free steak is always good. (Corriente not included)
oh and free beer is my favorite drink... unless its the beast,, that i re'gift to my buddys in the trailer park
:cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3i7v8f0z said:
oh and free beer is my favorite drink... unless its the beast,, that i re'gift to my buddys in the trailer park
:cowboy:
Only thing worse is beast light.

Since this thread is alraedy hijacked. I would like to add that my favorite beer is Free and Cold, My second favorite is Free. :banana:

Apparently I have disturbed the angus mafia. Millions of dollars can be spent promoting angus, but if I talk to a person that does by beef at the local store that is wrong. He brought up the word angus not me. He understands now that he can buy angus or any other breed and still have good beef.
CSM

Latest posts