One more knows the truth

Help Support CattleToday:

mwj":uuvonlgm said:
Black coos that calf was a quarter Angus and you give the quarter all the credit (Angus based) :)

If had been as tough as a boot would you still brag that it was Angus based? :cowboy:
If you read his whole post he wasn't bragging.... Looked to me like he was conceding that good beef is good beef no matter the kind. JMHO

CSM":69te0n13 said:
Apparently I have disturbed the angus mafia. Millions of dollars can be spent promoting angus, but if I talk to a person that does by beef at the local store that is wrong. He brought up the word angus not me. He understands now that he can buy angus or any other breed and still have good beef.
CSM

some best beef ever ate myself come from 50/50 saler angus cow bred to saler bull. but truthfully never could tell the taste of angus from any other kind i ate except ate one pretty tough holstein stake once. we get hunters from maryland and round there always come out and talk bout how good them angus steaks are when pointing at a black cow. give me a chuckle anyway. but same peoples kids asks what the indians where nowadays for cloths and live in for houses. my guess is alot of whatever they see on tv or in movies.

Jalopy":a1xcptrh said:
Since this thread is alraedy hijacked. I would like to add that my favorite beer is Free and Cold, My second favorite is Free. :banana:

AND....plenty of it. :lol:

CSM":1ymlieuh said:
Apparently I have disturbed the angus mafia. Millions of dollars can be spent promoting angus, but if I talk to a person that does by beef at the local store that is wrong. He brought up the word angus not me. He understands now that he can buy angus or any other breed and still have good beef.
CSM
no angus mafia here,,infact far from it. but this post just dont prove a whole lot.. other than your a generous person

I don't mind paying for a good steak.

Work is taking our engineering group out for a end of the year celebration dinner in a couple of weeks. Our choices are tilapia or chicken. I told the manager that I'll be danged if I am going to get all gussied up, hire a sitter for the grandbabies, and take to boss lady out to eat sucker fish. Can't I just buy a good steak?

Good steak is good steak. Cooks can ruin good steak. I have had good angus steak. I have had awful angus steak. Breed has nothing to do with it. Was it fed right? Was it cured right? Was it cooked right?

For Pete's sake look at what Fajita meat is? Some one took the worst cut of meat there is and they have every one in the restaurant ordering it sizzling on a flat iron. Its bigger than the hot dog.

CSM":teaf3rxu said:
CSM

I took this to mean that you were able to educate an end consumer about terminology that is confusing to most people who are not involved in the industry. I don't believe most consumers associate the word "Angus" with a black beef cow.

Latest posts