Old Timer Knowledge

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was sitting and visiting with an older gentleman I know. We were discussing different things. He said to me,"We are lucky to live far away from the cities and be out on the land."
"If things get tough in the country we would be alright. We would be able to raise our own food and rarely need to go to town to get anything."
"What is sad is if the people in the city were starving and you walked in there with a milk cow with a bag full of milk they would not have any idea of what to do and they would continue to starve."
He stunned me with such an insight.

Has anybody else got some knowledge given to them from another old timer?

Live each day as best you can, because life passes you by in the Blink of an Eye. Told to me by my 75 yr old Grandfather on his death bed 1993. Changed my prospective greatly.

Go to the domino hall in a small town. I used to sit around the domino haul and listen to the old timers back in the 70's, on rainy days. Those guys could tell some stories and would some times tell stories on one another. I only wish I would have taped some of it. Dry humor at its best. You'd laugh until you had tears on your cheeks. Nex thing you'd know you be ready to cry over a story of the Great Depression.

Gettin old ain't easy, and it ain't always fun, but the grandkids are worth it.
Told to me by my Grams about five minutes before her passing. Gramps died about a month before and as she finished her sentence that was her last, a dove landed on the windowsill and when she passed, another joined it and they flew away. That little miracle and revalation really helped me get through it. I really do hope grandkids are worth it, because I've got a long wait ahead until I find out.

Latest posts