Now I feel old

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
My grandkids s are out of school for the summer and spent the night with us. My wife was going to take my granddaughter shopping and asked if I could watch my 8 year old grandson, Zane. I had to run an errand and while I was gone he asked my wife " what can a 62 year old man do?" I help coach his select baseball team and take him to the farm at least once a month, I guess that doesn't count.

It could be worse. My wife and kids still think I'm superman and volunteer me any time someone is stressed about moving something. Last week I moved a piano with two high school kids on one end and me on the other... more help was readily available but my wife told them I didn't need it. :bang: I'm looking forward to being old enough that they don't feel the need to pimp me out.

cow pollinater":5ysh1bib said:
It could be worse. My wife and kids still think I'm superman and volunteer me any time someone is stressed about moving something. Last week I moved a piano with two high school kids on one end and me on the other... more help was readily available but my wife told them I didn't need it. :bang: I'm looking forward to being old enough that they don't feel the need to pimp me out.
Good luck with that ever being the case--I'm 63 and it ain't happened yet.

Sometime in the 80's I was in line at the parts counter. The guy in front was settling up with a check and the counter man asks "your check #? and the guy says "1968" and adds "that was a good year". I say "yes, it was" and a lad behind me adds "yes, it was". This was a big farm boy, about 230 lbs and sportin' a full bushy black beard. Then he says "I was born in 1968"
That's the first time I felt old. I graduated high school in 1968. He was born in 1968. Punk kid.

john250":2g03b0m1 said:
Sometime in the 80's I was in line at the parts counter. The guy in front was settling up with a check and the counter man asks "your check #? and the guy says "1968" and adds "that was a good year". I say "yes, it was" and a lad behind me adds "yes, it was". This was a big farm boy, about 230 lbs and sportin' a full bushy black beard. Then he says "I was born in 1968"
That's the first time I felt old. I graduated high school in 1968. He was born in 1968. Punk kid.
If you want to feel old just wait till your grandkids get into their mid 30s

john250":3u83fl0i said:
That's when I was born too, I'll be 45 this year. I will say in the eighties the sixties were a lot longer ago than the mid nineties are now :bang:

jedstivers":1urb34n1 said:
john250":1urb34n1 said:
That's when I was born too, I'll be 45 this year. I will say in the eighties the sixties were a lot longer ago than the mid nineties are now :bang:

Born in "68" eh. Your parents were hippies. right. :hide:

john250":2vpfftgr said:
jedstivers":2vpfftgr said:
john250":2vpfftgr said:

Born in "68" eh. Your parents were hippies. right. :hide:
No, far from it. They made fun of the hippies.

"dam hippies"....
You're only old, if you remember the beatniks. Not the new beatniks--the old ones from the '50s. They came before hippies, by about a dozen years. think Maynard G. Krebs types..

greybeard":3aansx6n said:
"dam hippies"....
You're only old, if you remember the beatniks. Not the new beatniks--the old ones from the '50s. They came before hippies, by about a dozen years. think Maynard G. Krebs types..
Good thing there is google so most people on here can look up who he was.

dun":2ur31c3x said:
greybeard":2ur31c3x said:
"dam hippies"....
When I was about 9 or 10, my parents took us into Houston to the zoo at Herman Park. Got thru at the zoo and went out into the park for a picnic and there was a group of those beatniks under some trees in the middle of the day reading what my mother said was poetry tho none of it rhymed or made sense to me. Drinking coffee in 90 degs, men holding little cups like a Lady Astor (my mother's description of 'em) and my mother explained that it wasn't coffee--it was 'expresso'. I said it looked like coffee to me and asked what the difference was. My father said "Cost son, they're just folks puttin on airs and living above their raisin'".
I thought he meant raisins like Raisin Bran, which was a rare treat for us kids, cuz it cost more than Post Toasties.

greybeard":1jed1p6k said:
dun":1jed1p6k said:
greybeard":1jed1p6k said:
"dam hippies"....
When I was about 9 or 10, my parents took us into Houston to the zoo at Herman Park. Got thru at the zoo and went out into the park for a picnic and there was a group of those beatniks under some trees in the middle of the day reading what my mother said was poetry tho none of it rhymed or made sense to me. Drinking coffee in 90 degs, men holding little cups like a Lady Astor (my mother's description of 'em) and my mother explained that it wasn't coffee--it was 'expresso'. I said it looked like coffee to me and asked what the difference was. My father said "Cost son, they're just folks puttin on airs and living above their raisin'".
I thought he meant raisins like Raisin Bran, which was a rare treat for us kids, cuz it cost more than Post Toasties.

I like your father.

Latest posts