No Till Drills

Help Support CattleToday:

JRGidaho`":wlodww19 said:
2) Haybuster (same as Vermeer). Pros: very durable, multiple seed boxes, parts readily available. Cons: depth control is not as consistent as I would like.

When you say Haybuster is same as Vermeer, why is that? I was hoping they were made by the same folks, but so far as I can tell they are not....their manufacturing is in completely different states, and the about us, section is completely different. Vermeer, according to its website at least, has no mention of Haybuster and vice versa.

marksmu":k2kej9zn said:
JRGidaho`":k2kej9zn said:
2) Haybuster (same as Vermeer). Pros: very durable, multiple seed boxes, parts readily available. Cons: depth control is not as consistent as I would like.

When you say Haybuster is same as Vermeer, why is that? I was hoping they were made by the same folks, but so far as I can tell they are not....their manufacturing is in completely different states, and the about us, section is completely different. Vermeer, according to its website at least, has no mention of Haybuster and vice versa.

I might be a little outdated, but until very recently (2004?) the Vermeer Model 107 and 77 no-till drills were built for them by Haybuster. The parts are all interchangeable with Haybuster GD107 and GD77. When we used to run a Haybuster drill back in MO we got parts from our local Vermeer dealer since there wasn't a Haybuster dealer any where near.

I'm not surprised that neither company would mention the other one on their respective websites. Haybuster as a company would much rather sell as many retail units as possible compared to selling wholesale to Vermeer. I don't know if they still do, but Vermeer used to make the Massey Ferguson large round balers. The Vermeer units were designated 605 while the same model as a MF was 506, but they were the same balers. Resale value on a red MF506 was about 60% that of a yellow V605 for the same machine.

Very often you will see them listed on the web used equipment services as 'Vermeer/Haybuster model 107' as shown in this link:
http://www.fastline.com/v100/details.as ... a87704e6fd

Latest posts