Rain vs no rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Still to early to be putting winter grass down here. I put a ton of Milo in some failed Sudan over the weekend. Should be enough moisture to get it up and if it stays wet enough time to get a stand before frost. Felt like gambling. There's side benefits to planting august Milo as well.. 😉
View attachment 20407
🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🔫🍽🥘

9" at dfw airport flooding all around here, 2 1/2 inches at the farm in dew. Supposed to rain for a couple of days. Time to spread rye grass seed. This rain should help deer hunters food plots and our fields.

It is August. We aren't supposed to get rain in August here in the desert. So far so good. But I was up in the high country last week. There is grass 3 feet tall and thick. That wet spring grew a ton of grass. The cows have plenty of feed until the snow flies.

We have been getting more rain that we need and I would give anything to share it with the dry areas. Got 3.1 inches sat night/sunday and trees down and roads washed out. Son worked most all day Sunday with his VDOT job.... that's over 7 inches so far and we normally get 3 or so... we have grass up the wahzoo and it will late pulling cattle off pastures this year. Thankful for it but I would be very happy if mother nature would spread it around a little more evenly. We are having trouble finding enough of a window to try to make hay....
So glad that you are finally getting some down south but I am sure you would prefer not to get it inches at a time in downpours... hopefully the ground is soaking most of it up and replenishing some of the "ponds/tanks/ or whatever you call them"...

Rained pretty hard yesterday evening through this morning. Woke up at 3am to drive out west and could barely see the roads

Attachments

• CD959BC2-F376-4DB8-95C6-7C4518439EA6.png
    CD959BC2-F376-4DB8-95C6-7C4518439EA6.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
Some of ya'll must be living better than my neighbors and I. We only got 1/2 out of all those clouds. Some in the southern bit of the county did have several inches. Just didn't make it here.

Latest posts