No wonder we have problems.

Help Support CattleToday:

bird dog

Reaction score
Screwing around today I saw a ad for Mexican Feathergrass. This is the same needle grass we talked about a few weeks back and the one that is giving me fits in my pastures.

So this very invasive plant is being sold all over for low water landscaping use. No wonder is is appearing in pastures all over the state.

The Agrilife folks have this to say about it.

I have been experimenting some by spraying with Glyfo. Its one tough son of a gun. I put down a quart per acre and while it knocked back some plants, others look like the spray missed them completely. This stuff was established when I bought the place and some of my early efforts to fertilize the good grass or plow it out only made it stronger. It looks like I'm in for a long fight so if you see your local shopping center plant some of these in the parking lot or your neighbor putting some in their flower bed, it might be a good idea to sneak over there late some night and spray the ever loving crap out of it.

I was over run by burr plants this year. It's only in one field. Must have been in a few bales from last year. Talk about tough.