Nissan Titan diesel

Help Support CattleToday:

muhlenberg man":1mfudscc said:
I bought the Titan diesel. I was torn between a 2500 GMC duramax and the Titan. I ended up with the Titan because I put a lot of miles on a truck. The advantages of the Titan are bettter ride, better fuel mileage, less espensive, more options. The disadvantages is way less towing capacity and my buddies giving me be nice because I bought a Nissan. The truck is very heavy, but handles like a 1/2 ton. Overall, pleased with my purchase.

Is the Titan diesel a 1/2 or 3/4 ton? I thought it was a 3/4 ton. What size diesel engine is in it? I saw the commercial on TV for them
but that all I know about them. Thanks B&G

It has a 5.0 liter Cummins, 310 HP 555 torque. It behaves similar to the 5.9. Lots of torque getting started, but not so much at speed.
I get 21.5 on the interstate and 19.5 on my 30 mile backroad/small town commute.
I expect this will get a bit better in the summer.
It is not a 1/2 or a 3/4. It is somewhere in between. It has the weight of a 3/4 ton, but the towing capacity is around 12,900.
It has a lot of nice features like factory sprayed in bed liner, gooseneck hitch, trailer brake controller and class IV hitch.

Brute 23":16tg0h6c said:
Same here :lol2: . I have people get in my truck and start hitting buttons... I'm like what are you doing... oh you have such and such, blah blah blah.... I'm like, Really?

My boss just got a new ecoboost. It has mood lighting all over in the cab.
When I go somewhere with my wife in her car and I drive, it's like "how the heck do I get this turned on (or off) ?" It takes a college degree to get the seat position set right and one day last Spring, I about burned up when I drove it into town by myself and couldn't figure out how to turn the heated seat off. They got buttons for everything else--why would they put that in the screen for the radio display? :bang: :bang:
I'm always so glad to get back into my fleet version 1/2 ton.

(Decades ago, I bought a new Merc station wagon and had it about 8 months when my brother came to visit. He was sitting behind the wheel looking my 'new' car over and tilted the column down. I looked at him and asked "What the benice did you just do?" I had never seen tilt steering wheel and had no idea that little lever was even there.)

M-5":3g4kl1o1 said:
Ahhh heII no !!!! Towing capacity from what I looked up was around 12k , it was a nice truck but I'm still confused if it's considered a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton . I only drive Dodge btw

It is considered a heavy half ton. About the same ratings as an f-150 with the max tow option.

Oh OK I'm torn between getting what I know and love 7.3l from a older Ford or something like this Nissan.I know the 7.3's so leaning towards that.

If your staying close to home the 7.3 is fine. If your going to travel you need a good ride. I drive my 7.3 in about a 50 mile radius of the farm. I haven't bought a tank of diesel fuel in 3 years. I run free hydraulic oil in one tank and diesel in the other.

I just need a diesel truck to pull my cattle trailer up to 3 hrs away. Gas burner 250 on the hilly side of the state isn't cutting it.

skyhightree1":1h18eqto said:
I just need a diesel truck to pull my cattle trailer up to 3 hrs away. Gas burner 250 on the hilly side of the state isn't cutting it.

Sky, your just hauling to much trailer and weight. But I've read on here that a gas engine pulls just fine, and a diesel truck is just for show. Good luck with the truck buying.

skyhightree1":1tw5axp4 said:

Gear down, rev up and gas does fine. I have quite a few hills to tow in and have never had anything but a gas truck.

If you never driver a diesel truck with a DPF it's like having a sock in your exhaust.

John SD":l6lpv4ws said:
dun":l6lpv4ws said:
Brute 23":l6lpv4ws said:
I love the ecoboost also. If I could afford 2 trucks I'd have one for cruising also.
The only part I don;t like about it, and it isn;t a big thing and probably applies to all of the newer trucks, is all of the geegaws and gadgets. I've gotten to the point that I only use a couple of the spiffyroo features. But the ones I do use I really like compared to my older trucks.

I don't plan to ever buy a new pickup because of all the expensive useless gadgets. I plan to keep on driving my 1990 GMC 4x4 and my 2000 Dodge 2wd as long as I'm driving :idea:

The Jimmy is a 454 and the Dodge is a V10 gasser, so they are both thirsty beasts compared to a diesel. But I don't have a lot of money tied up in them. I don't put that many miles on a pickup anymore in the first place. I mostly drive my Hyundai hatchback that gets high 20s mpg.

I've become quite shiftless in my old age :p Give me creature comforts on a pickup like automatic trans, AC, a good heater that puts out, power steering with a tilt wheel, and I'm good :D

I don't need GPS, built in cellpones, backup cameras, power windows, or any other useless electronic gadgets that add to complexity and cost while diminishing reliabilty.

John, I thought I was the only one left out there driving a V10 dodge. Yours is a little newer than mine though. My V10 is a 1995, 3500 dually 4x4. My summer truck is a 1985 F250 with a 460. Both gas hogs but not payments. I'm sure glad the gas prices are down! I'd like to have a more gas efficient vehicle but the prices they want doesn't justify it. I'm just not into making payments for a vehicle that is/will rust out in 5 years in NE Ohio due to the salt brine they spray on the roads.

Latest posts