Diesel shortage

Help Support CattleToday:

The older generation had to be tough or die. Dad talks about when he was young, everyone was getting chicken pox, so grandpa sprayed dad and his two bother with, I think it was for chicken lice. He would tell them to breath it in. I guess if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. Dad is 86, Duane 84, and we lost Roy to Leukemia several years ago. Dads sister and two youngest brother missed out on that.

It's why many building permits in more recent decades have required retaining ponds to be included.

Back at my old location, when a new Kubota dealership was built with it's big shop and lots of concrete drives and pads (I worked for them) the owner had to purchase additional and adjacent land on which to built the retaining pond. No retaining pond..no building permit.

Same with a big church I used to drive by every day.
That's for storm water control.

The older generation had to be tough or die. Dad talks about when he was young, everyone was getting chicken pox, so grandpa sprayed dad and his two bother with, I think it was for chicken lice. He would tell them to breath it in. I guess if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. Dad is 86, Duane 84, and we lost Roy to Leukemia several years ago. Dads sister and two youngest brother missed out on that.
My oldest brother died of whopping cough, no antibiotics available because of the war!
All penicillin was going overseas.

100yrs ago scientists said low amounts of CO2 in the atomsphere were our biggest threat. we're coming out of a small ice age currently. They want us to stay in this ice age so that food is more scarce, temps are cold...etc.

interesting results

4340ed5c91965702.png

When I was just a little guy, used to flag for crop dusters spraying cotton. I was the row marker so, I couldn't move until the crop duster got lined up on me. Once he was headed my direction, I would take off running. Sometimes I would beat the spray release and sometimes I wouldn't. Oh well, you did what you had to do to get by.

I was installing a new cooling fan on my side-by-side last year. I had to disconnect the lower radiator hose. I was scratching my head trying to figure a way to avoid draining or losing the coolant.
My 10yo grandson gets all excited and says "wait grampy!". Beyond excited, he runs at breakneck speed to the house and comes back with a potato.
Remove hose, quickly cram tator on flange, makes a perfect short term plug. Genius. He had watched his other grampy do something similar a few days before.
Ha! I was looking at old post and see that I've mentioned this before. I would trust last years two week old memory before I would this weeks year old memory.
Post in thread 'Things I absolutely hate.....'
https://www.cattletoday.com/threads/things-i-absolutely-hate.125697/post-1702856

100yrs ago scientists said low amounts of CO2 in the atomsphere were our biggest threat. we're coming out of a small ice age currently. They want us to stay in this ice age so that food is more scarce, temps are cold...etc.

interesting results

4340ed5c91965702.png
Neat article. Thanks for posting that.

Latest posts