Nissan Titan diesel

Help Support CattleToday:

rla442":2lhr3koq said:
John, I thought I was the only one left out there driving a V10 dodge. Yours is a little newer than mine though. My V10 is a 1995, 3500 dually 4x4. My summer truck is a 1985 F250 with a 460. Both gas hogs but not payments. I'm sure glad the gas prices are down! I'd like to have a more gas efficient vehicle but the prices they want doesn't justify it. I'm just not into making payments for a vehicle that is/will rust out in 5 years in NE Ohio due to the salt brine they spray on the roads.

My V10 Dodge is one of 3 state surplus SDDOT V10 pickups sold at auction in fall 2014. One was junk, one with a lot more miles sold for almost twice what I gave for mine so I think I got the best one. Was under 100K miles when I bought it.

Especially with the new diesels.. the maintenance costs scare the crap out of me... especially V8's with injectors at $1000 each... I build a whole new Cummins 12V with new injectors for that price

True Grit Farms":1i8637p6 said:
If your staying close to home the 7.3 is fine. If your going to travel you need a good ride. I drive my 7.3 in about a 50 mile radius of the farm. I haven't bought a tank of diesel fuel in 3 years. I run free hydraulic oil in one tank and diesel in the other.
Does the free Hydraulic oil burn clean and do you mix it with diesel before putting it in your truck?

Kerley, in the winter I mix it 50-50 with diesel. And purge the system with diesel before I shut the engine off. In the summer I add a quart of used motor oil to a gallon of hydraulic fluid. I've been told that AW32 hydraulic fluid has very little lubrication qualities to it so I add used motor oil. With the price of diesel so low it's not really worth it. Off road was $1.21 yesterday here.

True Grit Farms":pu7muvv3 said:
Kerley, in the winter I mix it 50-50 with diesel. And purge the system with diesel before I shut the engine off. In the summer I add a quart of used motor oil to a gallon of hydraulic fluid. I've been told that AW32 hydraulic fluid has very little lubrication qualities to it so I add used motor oil. With the price of diesel so low it's not really worth it. Off road was $1.21 yesterday here.
that's pretty dang awesome, been looking for an old cheap 7.3 truck for a while now with no luck, this motivates me even more

Latest posts