Nissan Titan diesel

Help Support CattleToday:

My son and I looked at one and I was impressed, my son wasn't. " Dad for that kind of $money you can buy a real truck " I won't go into brands but you can't tow much of nothing with a half ton truck. Around here we use a truck, like a truck and not something that you drive to town for groceries.

I never got out and looked in detail what the towing capacity is etc I liked the design and seen its got Cummins diesel in it. I personally still look for the oldrr fords with the 7.3's you can't beat them.

True Grit Farms":3csul34m said:
My son and I looked at one and I was impressed, my son wasn't. " Dad for that kind of $money you can buy a real truck " I won't go into brands but you can't tow much of nothing with a half ton truck. Around here we use a truck, like a truck and not something that you drive to town for groceries.

I agree. Same with the Ecoboost and most those others. Might as well just get a 3/4 ton and have the suspension and brakes to go with the motor.

The Dodge 1/2 ton Diesels are getting good reviews so far.

Brute 23":2bkq4qg2 said:
True Grit Farms":2bkq4qg2 said:

I agree. Same with the Ecoboost and most those others. Might as well just get a 3/4 ton and have the suspension and brakes to go with the motor.

Then you have us that don;t do as much heavy hauling as we used to. I need a truck with a bed big enough to haul bulky stuff but not necessarilly much weight. I've been really tickled with the ecoboost. Better mileage then even my old Ranger and way better then my old diesel got. The few times I've had to haul a heavy load it hauled it just fine, I was surprised at how easy it hauled the weight. Mileage dropped to about what I used to get with the old diesel truck.

dun":2k29awnv said:
Brute 23":2k29awnv said:
True Grit Farms":2k29awnv said:

Then you have us that don;t do as much heavy hauling as we used to. I need a truck with a bed big enough to haul bulky stuff but not necessarilly much weight. I've been really tickled with the ecoboost. Better mileage then even my old Ranger and way better then my old diesel got. The few times I've had to haul a heavy load it hauled it just fine, I was surprised at how easy it hauled the weight. Mileage dropped to about what I used to get with the old diesel truck.

That's a given Dun. I'm talking about the people who buy those vehicle because they claim they need to power for towing.

I love the ecoboost also. If I could afford 2 trucks I'd have one for cruising also.

Brute 23":3gtw8nff said:
I love the ecoboost also. If I could afford 2 trucks I'd have one for cruising also.
The only part I don;t like about it, and it isn;t a big thing and probably applies to all of the newer trucks, is all of the geegaws and gadgets. I've gotten to the point that I only use a couple of the spiffyroo features. But the ones I do use I really like compared to my older trucks.

Same here :lol2: . I have people get in my truck and start hitting buttons... I'm like what are you doing... oh you have such and such, blah blah blah.... I'm like, Really?

My boss just got a new ecoboost. It has mood lighting all over in the cab.

dun":28ip0vqb said:
Brute 23":28ip0vqb said:
True Grit Farms":28ip0vqb said:

I hav a coworker that hauls a loaded 16' utility trailer most everyday
He's on his second ecoboost
Over 200k miles on the first without any problems to speak of
He swears by them

If and when I buy it will be truck manufactured by an American owned and managed company of which there are two. GM or Ford.

hurleyjd":1ufpzvv1 said:
If and when I buy it will be truck manufactured by an American owned and managed company of which there are two. GM or Ford.

I tell you what I love my fords have a pile of them but I also got a Toyota Tacoma that has 458k miles on it no clutch change only thing changed was the rack and pinion and the clutch master cylinder.... I cant say that for the fords or the chevys ive owned. I am leaning towards anything new I buy being a Toyota personally. I wish Toyota had diesel pick ups . I work too hard to put my money in something crappy.

skyhightree1":2bcnym3f said:
hurleyjd":2bcnym3f said:

I tell you what I love my fords have a pile of them but I also got a Toyota Tacoma that has 458k miles on it no clutch change only thing changed was the rack and pinion and the clutch master cylinder.... I cant say that for the fords or the chevys ive owned. I am leaning towards anything new I buy being a Toyota personally. I wish Toyota had diesel pick ups . I work too hard to put my money in something crappy.

Its your money send it to Japan if you want to. Brazil beef is cheaper than American beef and could be just as good in the consumers eye how do you feel about that. We create a great market for products and then give it to some foreign country and their companies.

dun":vsw2zj6c said:
Brute 23":vsw2zj6c said:
The only part I don;t like about it, and it isn;t a big thing and probably applies to all of the newer trucks, is all of the geegaws and gadgets. I've gotten to the point that I only use a couple of the spiffyroo features. But the ones I do use I really like compared to my older trucks.

I don't plan to ever buy a new pickup because of all the expensive useless gadgets. I plan to keep on driving my 1990 GMC 4x4 and my 2000 Dodge 2wd as long as I'm driving :idea:

The Jimmy is a 454 and the Dodge is a V10 gasser, so they are both thirsty beasts compared to a diesel. But I don't have a lot of money tied up in them. I don't put that many miles on a pickup anymore in the first place. I mostly drive my Hyundai hatchback that gets high 20s mpg.

I've become quite shiftless in my old age :p Give me creature comforts on a pickup like automatic trans, AC, a good heater that puts out, power steering with a tilt wheel, and I'm good :D

I don't need GPS, built in cellpones, backup cameras, power windows, or any other useless electronic gadgets that add to complexity and cost while diminishing reliabilty.

hurleyjd":150p5nwt said:
[
Its your money send it to Japan if you want to. Brazil beef is cheaper than American beef and could be just as good in the consumers eye how do you feel about that. We create a great market for products and then give it to some foreign country and their companies.

Our tax money gets sent to terrorist nations... We have no say so on that... I do have a say so in how I spend my money and try to do it wisely. Everyone has a choice on what to do with their money. If people don't care about what they eat that's the choice they made I can't stop them. I understand what you are saying but guess what ford and chevy send there money to japan as well. Those nice lil mazda transmissions in some fords etc. You will never find a car that is 100% build in America and not have something made outside of the U.S. THAT I KNOW OF because all the fords I have have parts from outside the U.S. I guess what I am getting at is you will never have a 100% American vehicle that all the proceeds stay in the U.S.

I'm with Sky on this... I'll shop for the quality product, and Toyota is pretty good at that. Our old Tercel wagons had 300,000 miles on them (We had half a dozen) and EVERY ONE of them had the original U joints and CV joints. In my truck I seem to be replacing the U joints every 3 years, and yes, they get greased regularly.

I have issues with buying garbage from other places.. simple things like plastic pails.. Used to be you bought a plastic pail and it would last until you drove over it, now you're lucky to get a year out of one, so that means you're routinely having to replace it.. it's a bleed that doesn't stop.
I'd like to hear more about both the Titan and Dodge trucks with diesels.. I am scared of the complexity of those engines though.. the costs involved WHEN something goes wrong.. and all the new EFI diesels have lost reliability compared to the old ones.. specifically the 5.9 cummins and 7.3 ford

When the warranty is out you better have deep pockets to fix it. That is the case with all newer diesels.

John SD":2vy1ab35 said:
dun":2vy1ab35 said:
Brute 23":2vy1ab35 said:

I don't plan to ever buy a new pickup because of all the expensive useless gadgets. I plan to keep on driving my 1990 GMC 4x4 and my 2000 Dodge 2wd as long as I'm driving :idea:

The Jimmy is a 454 and the Dodge is a V10 gasser, so they are both thirsty beasts compared to a diesel. But I don't have a lot of money tied up in them. I don't put that many miles on a pickup anymore in the first place. I mostly drive my Hyundai hatchback that gets high 20s mpg.

I've become quite shiftless in my old age :p Give me creature comforts on a pickup like automatic trans, AC, a good heater that puts out, power steering with a tilt wheel, and I'm good :D

I don't need GPS, built in cellpones, backup cameras, power windows, or any other useless electronic gadgets that add to complexity and cost while diminishing reliabilty.

My favorite personal truck was a 98 ext cab Z71. I need to look for another one to run around in.

When I started having to work out out of my truck like an office and drive 60K mi a year I started appreciating the comforts.

Brute 23":2j7mkl9k said:
When I started having to work out out of my truck like an office and drive 60K mi a year I started appreciating the comforts.
I really like the heated seats, the hands free phone and the dual zone heating cooling. Back up camera has already saved my butt from speeders shooting around a corner a couple of times. It's not the camera, but the beeper is good. The camera also makes it a whole lot easier to hook up to a trailer without as many in and out of the cab trips.

Yup hands free cell is a must, the leds in the bed are great, and the back up camera. Probably my 3 favorite.

I got my buddies spoiled. When we play golf or go fishing we set the ac cold and on full blast as well as the cooled seats before we get out. I do the remote start so by the time we get in the truck it's cold. Those cooled seats on your sweaty butt after playing golf or fishing all day are great. :nod:

I bought the Titan diesel. I was torn between a 2500 GMC duramax and the Titan. I ended up with the Titan because I put a lot of miles on a truck. The advantages of the Titan are bettter ride, better fuel mileage, less espensive, more options. The disadvantages is way less towing capacity and my buddies giving me hell because I bought a Nissan. The truck is very heavy, but handles like a 1/2 ton. Overall, pleased with my purchase.

Latest posts