Nice Angus Slogan!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
I saw this on an Angus Breeder's website:

"And remember - it's not how BLACK they are, it's how GOOD they are!"

Ring a bell with anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing is, when you are seated at the restaurant ordering a steak, you really have to take someone's word for it that it is Angus. Could be anything. Kangaroo...

Well, at the Hereford House restaurant in Kansas City, MO. you eat certified Hereford Beef. I think the Golden Ox restaurant in Kansas City also uses Certified Hereford Beef. :cboy:

cypressfarms":36nmx8co said:
How about:

"Certified Angus Beef - not certified, maybe not angus, but definitely beef"
I think I like Cypress' the best. :lol:

jnowack":2cvom8q3 said:
Hill Creek Farm":2cvom8q3 said:
Well, at the Hereford House restaurant in Kansas City, MO. you eat certified Hereford Beef. I think the Golden Ox restaurant in Kansas City also uses Certified Hereford Beef. :cboy:

Herford house does not serve certified herford. I was told they used to serve CAB. Now it is Sterling Silver.

http://www.herefordhouse.com/sterlingsilvermeats.htm

Golden Ox is angus.

http://www.goldenox.com/menu.htm

What? No hereford beef at the "Hereford House"?

MikeC":3tgh7ajk said:
jnowack":3tgh7ajk said:
Hill Creek Farm":3tgh7ajk said:

Herford house does not serve certified herford. I was told they used to serve CAB. Now it is Sterling Silver.

Golden Ox is angus.

Mike, this is Hill Creek's problem. He puts his mouth in gear before he engages his brain. I wouldn't think he'd be a very good advocate for the hereford breed. Espically since this last comment. :cboy: :roll:

Muratic":25r9hxh4 said:
MikeC":25r9hxh4 said:
jnowack":25r9hxh4 said:
Hill Creek Farm":25r9hxh4 said:

Golden Ox is angus.

Mike, this is Hill Creek's problem. He puts his mouth in gear before he engages his brain. I wouldn't think he'd be a very good advocate for the hereford breed. Espically since this last comment. :cboy: :roll:

Ya think maybe they serve hereford beef at the "Angus" House?

Angus = ChaChing $$$$

It really dosen't matter if Angus is better or not as long as the CAB Marketing Campain makes the public think it is better. As long as this happens Angus or Angus influenced (black) cows will bring a premiumn over other cows.

Nowland Farms":3ly6sht8 said:
Angus = ChaChing $$$$

It really dosen't matter if Angus is better or not as long as the CAB Marketing Campain makes the public think it is better. As long as this happens Angus or Angus influenced (black) cows will bring a premiumn over other cows.

Well there you are! The Angus Association has done a remarkable job promoting the breed.

Also kinda makes you wonder why, all other breeds are trying to go black? Even Longhorn breeders, are advertising bulls that throw solid black calves.

My hat's off to em for a job well done!

warpaint":6vma14c9 said:
Nowland Farms":6vma14c9 said:
Angus = ChaChing $$$$

Well there you are! The Angus Association has done a remarkable job promoting the breed.

Also kinda makes you wonder why, all other breeds are trying to go black? Even Longhorn breeders, are advertising bulls that throw solid black calves.

I will have to admit that CAB is an ingenious program. But by creating the impression that CAB is Angus, (which we all know that it does not HAVE to be) all other breeds may be perceived as inferior.

I would much more admire them if CAB would at least be required to be a certain percentage of Angus breeding.

warpaint":12z3grja said:
It really dosen't matter if Angus is better or not as long as the CAB Marketing Campain makes the public think it is better.

Listen to what you just said! Is this really the mind set of Angus breeders and marketers... :shock:

Well there you are! The Angus Association has done a remarkable job promoting the breed..

Yup..they promoted black

..because they promoted black

:roll:

1848":3mxkxa7f said:
warpaint":3mxkxa7f said:
It really dosen't matter if Angus is better or not as long as the CAB Marketing Campain makes the public think it is better.

Listen to what you just said! Is this really the mind set of Angus breeders and marketers... :shock:

Well there you are! The Angus Association has done a remarkable job promoting the breed..

Yup..they promoted black

I didn't write what is quoted to me as your first quote!

I quoted Nowland. Somehow it say's I said it.

Furthermore, I'm simply stating a fact.
They have done a remarkable job promoting the breed.

I don't raise angus, nor do I intend to. I raise Longhorns, and probably will till the day I pass from this earth.

warpaint":tvnkh5zu said:
1848":tvnkh5zu said:

Yup..they promoted black

I didn't write what is quoted to me as your first quote!

I quoted Nowland. Somehow it say's I said it.

Furthermore, I'm simply stating a fact.
They have done a remarkable job promoting the breed.

I don't raise angus, nor do I intend to. I raise Longhorns, and probably will till the day I pass from this earth.

Your right Warpaint...sorry..I had to run before I could double check things...but I'm back :D

I know you don't raise Angus...but Angus has done a remarkable job promoting "black" this past decade...they are losing their touch with the "breed" and it's "better" traits. :)

The bull sale at Edisto SC this year had a first. The Gelbvieh and Balancers outsold the Angus and all other breeds. This is the first time in the history of this sale that Angus didn't come in first. The times are changing. If you think the feedyards want only Angus go ahead and raise Angus. My opinion is Balancers (GelbviehxAngus) is close to the best cross out there. You decrease some of the marbling of Angus and Increase the ribeye. Works for me.

bufordall":35u0k313 said:
The bull sale at Edisto SC this year had a first. The Gelbvieh and Balancers outsold the Angus and all other breeds. This is the first time in the history of this sale that Angus didn't come in first. The times are changing. If you think the feedyards want only Angus go ahead and raise Angus. My opinion is Balancers (GelbviehxAngus) is close to the best cross out there. You decrease some of the marbling of Angus and Increase the ribeye. Works for me.

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has an All-Breed Bull Sale each year. In 05, Hereford topped the sale and in 06 I believe Charolais topped that sale. Not sure where the Angus were.

Latest posts