Nice Angus Slogan!

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR":3hnxyqkr said:
Yeah, its just not fair. when I finally know the answer to a question on here im not allowed to answer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah well, such is life. I know the answers and I don;t get to play either

dun

3MR":28e34fw0 said:
Yeah, its just not fair. when I finally know the answer to a question on here im not allowed to answer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah well, such is life. I know the answers and I don;t get to play either

dun

Pretty comical to watch this one break down.

Get's to be pretty clear that there are cattlemen, and then their are some that aren't.

In every case, from what I can see on this string, they folks that owned Herefords, or used other breed can see the differences.

The Angus guys with no experience, other than their own propaganda have no clue.

Not surprising, if we understand that the Angus demand is primarily advertising driven. They advertised so long, their own breeers even believe their BS.

mtnman

Kent":1px6ncmb said:
:
You have no backup for anything you have said except "I bet it happens". I don't know why you want it to be true so badly, but apparently you do. :help:

Interesting how that happens on this board, usually to Angus and CAB though.

I want you to know that I'm not bashing Herefords. I like Herefords and think it's a shame they've fallen so in popularity. I like my black calves, but a Hereford baby, all clean, shiny, and new is special. CHB is a good program. I hope it does well and helps bring the Hereford breed back.

I was talking to a very tall OK Hereford breeder several years ago at a bull sale. He had the high indexing Hereford bull and while I was admiring him, we talked about CHB. He said years ago a big new hotel opened up in Tulsa, OK. It had been front page news while they built it, the cost, the amenities, etc. The weekend it opened, they ran a several page ad in the newspaper, stressing their services, technology, convienece, etc. One of the highlights they advertisied was that in their 5-star restaurant, they served CAB. He took that ad to the next Hereford board meeting (he was on the board at the time) and tried to get the Assn to start CHB. They refused. He said, "now 20 years later, they're doing what we should have done then." I hope it's not too late for the breed. I've seen several people lately with stories about why they no longer raise Herefords.

On a positive note, the good Hereford bulls sold better than I think I've ever seen them sell at the spring OBI sale.

He is on showsteers dot com he is a double stuffx heat wave. I don't think those are all english breeds. Shows that other breeds can get in even the red and white ones.[/img]

cypressfarms":147v9zvx said:
How about:

"Certified Angus Beef - not certified, maybe not angus, but definitely beef"

I think you hit the nail on the head! :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I think what it comes down to, as far as this post goes, is that everyone has their own opinion of what CAB and chb is. Everyone is too proud of the breed they raise.

Most educated ( BTW I can only get on to read these posts after dark because I work to raise a good product for the consumer) people know that there is no difference between CAB & chb. chb copied CAB after CAB took off. chb is a counter productive program to the breed because they have focused too long on showability, fattabilty, infertility, prolapsibilty......................etc

Good, working Hereford bulls are hard to find. You thinks its bad to look for a GOOD ANGUS without a star-stunner, do-it-all pedigree?.......try to find a Hereford bull that will the same thing for the COMMERCIAL producer.

And BTW, Jeannes Macho As You (Simmental) bull, is about as good as you can get for predictability and calving ease that you can find in a bull besides any low BW Angus bull.

msscamp":2ibzxt8j said:
cypressfarms":2ibzxt8j said:
How about:

"Certified Angus Beef - not certified, maybe not angus, but definitely beef"

I think you hit the nail on the head! :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

OK, How about they call it "Certified - We make more money for our breeders and producers than you do - beef"

"We make more money for our breeders and producers than you do" Is synonymous with "Angus" anway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time out

Come on you guys. Send me your address and I will send you a box of tissues, but seriously, get over it allready. You made your point and gave your opinion. Everybody else either agrees with you or they dont. This has transgressed beyond a debate into an argument. Except for a few "funnies" along the way its not benefiting anybody, but is sure wearing people thin on patience and civility.

I think it was MikeC said in a post; something to the effect of : if you arent out there trying to fix it you are part of the problem. So unless you are a member of AAA and are trying to change something through the proper channels thatyou dont like then you either are jsut whining and dont have a dog in this fight or you are are just whining and part of the problem.

Be a winner, not a Whiner.

JM2Cents/ All I have is a nickle, does anybody got change.

ENNOT":627emiyp said:
Most educated people know that there is no difference between CAB & chb. chb copied CAB after CAB took off. chb is a counter productive program to the breed because they have focused too long on showability, fattabilty, infertility, prolapsibilty......................etc

You lost me. First you tell us there is no difference in CAB and CHB, and in the same breath tell us that CHB is a counter productive program. My pea brain is having trouble finding the point you are trying to make. Please explain.

First of all I know an awful lot of Hereford breeders who rarely ever show anything. Second of all I don't know ANY Hereford breeders who are focusing on breeding for infertility (not often a breed weakness of Herefords), I don't know ANY breeding for "fatability" (is that even a word?) and the prolapse cattle of years past are very few and very far between in today's Hereford breed so I wish you would join the rest of us in the 21st century. If you don't like CHB, breed your Hereford cows to an Angus bull and sell those baldie calves as CAB. Nobody is making you participate in either program.

ENNOT":f46g4tbr said:
I think what it comes down to, as far as this post goes, is that everyone has their own opinion of what CAB and chb is. Everyone is too proud of the breed they raise.

Most educated ( BTW I can only get on to read these posts after dark because I work to raise a good product for the consumer) people know that there is no difference between CAB & chb. chb copied CAB after CAB took off. chb is a counter productive program to the breed because they have focused too long on showability, fattabilty, infertility, prolapsibilty......................etc

Good, working Hereford bulls are hard to find. You thinks its bad to look for a GOOD ANGUS without a star-stunner, do-it-all pedigree?.......try to find a Hereford bull that will the same thing for the COMMERCIAL producer.

And BTW, Jeannes Macho As You (Simmental) bull, is about as good as you can get for predictability and calving ease that you can find in a bull besides any low BW Angus bull.

Where do I begin? If I think there is a difference between cab and CHB I am uneducated? Right. You are the only one working to raise a good product for the consumer? Right. Hereford breeders are selecting for show, excess fat, infertility, and prolapse? Right. Good, working Hereford bulls are hard to find? Right. Any low BW Angus bull is as good as Macho? Gimme a break!

I'm waiting for someone with a lot more knowledge than I've got to come along and rip this trash talk to pieces.

ENNOT":39hvuf4i said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: ...fattabilty huh?...couldn't find that one in the dictionary :lol2: ...I won't even waste my time with your post

Frankie":3iopejy3 said:
MikeC":3iopejy3 said:
I think he got you here Frankie.

Now go to your corner and you can come out and play when I say you can! :lol: :lol:

You wish.

:lol2: :lol2: Like a starving hyena.....best jaws in the business!

I heard a comment a few years back that would sum up this in my opinion. The comment dealt with showing cattle.

It goes like this..........

"I am always happy winning a class or maybe a division. But to win Gr. Champ or Res. just adds up to a bunch of backstabbing from those who didn't win. I am not sure the Grand prize is as special as everyone makes it out to be from all the grief, hassle and jealousy! "

Latest posts