New Truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep got to make it look like it is overloaded since it never will be. Drop it enough that 10" exhaust tip just clears the ground. Tire to rim ratio is way off too. Should be 22" of chrome and 2" of tire, mud grips of course in case you tailgate at a game with a grass parking lot.
And don't forget to add the flame decals on the sides!

I consider fuel heavily in everything I do. My wife and I often share her car so I don't have to crank a truck. This wasn't the case two or three years ago but ya have to adapt to the world as is in my shoes. In my life, whether in my professional life or my "professional" life, I travel at least 300 miles in a personal vehicle a week if things are slow.
That Ford I just sold had a 120K on it when I retired 15 years ago. I averaged a little over 5K a year after that.
Now I have kept a Z71 under the carport that's the every day driver. The Mrs. Z routinely gets 25 mpg with a 5.3 in it.

Everyone is saying the bottom is about to fall out on the truck market. It seems that everyone bought trucks in 2020 & 2021 on stimulus money and etc. If it is true about the vast number of these trucks now being repossessed, there are going to be some crazy low prices later this year as the car lots will be overflowing with trucks.

We will have to wait and see.
I been hearing this for several months but prices aren't dropping much if any at all..

I been hearing this for several months but prices aren't dropping much if any at all..
It's not here for sure!
I saw 2018-20 Ford 250 with 100K on them asking mid 60's.
Now I haven't kept up on the diesel market. Years ago Ford lead the pack around here now it's Cummins and Duramax at the red light. Scientific study results from Hwy 190 and US 69 intersection red light.
I have no clue to what's driving that be it price, performance, reliability or what.
I know Ford bought back the franchise and shutdown the Jasper and Sour Lake dealerships over EV issues.

Yep got to make it look like it is overloaded since it never will be. Drop it enough that 10" exhaust tip just clears the ground. Tire to rim ratio is way off too. Should be 22" of chrome and 2" of tire, mud grips of course in case you tailgate at a game with a grass parking lot.
Speaking of which, have you seen the cool hooptie sitting on the corner of 6 and 151 where you go over to 29? That thing is awesome.

hooptie...I haven't heard that word since before my mother passed on in 1995. Thats how she described my dad's old work truck

There was a ranch in this area back in the 1960s used old sedans and took the doors off (and sometimes made them into convertibles) for ranch vehicles. Gradually the fenders and bumpers would get torn off. They called them "hoopies".

There was a ranch in this area back in the 1960s used old sedans and took the doors off (and sometimes made them into convertibles) for ranch vehicles. Gradually the fenders and bumpers would get torn off. They called them "hoopies".
That's what my dad grew up with on the places. It was an old car with no doors or windshield and not sure what all else missing. Think it had a little bed or some thing built on the back if I remember right. If you listen to his stories about it... it's easy to understand why they weren't given any thing better. 😄

Latest posts