new truck

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58 said:
Chevy said:
Questions... so people that don't use their vehicles that put miles on them... what are they for? I mean do they just sit at home like naw can't go out my vehicle is getting to many miles?? Do they walk to work to save on their miles and drive just on rainy day or what? I've always been confused by people that act scared of miles on a vehicle. Some people will trade their cars in after before they get x miles normally under 100,000. Shoot I'm over here like how many miles will this thing go before I'm walking. 😅👐🏽 Hey!!
I'm guessing its the difference in people that can fix a vehicle when it has little problems and needs repairs vs people that don't have a clue how to change the tires or oil. And I most definitely don't mean anything bad by that. God gave us all things we maybe better at and others we may need to work on.... and some we just need to know better than to do. 😉😅 As for me I shouldn't do computer repairs. 😔😠 I will be doing some really good repairs fixing it really good to find out its completely 👌 😆NOT!!! A complete disaster. Hey but I did try and not I know better.
You sound like you know how to turn spanners Shell. You seem very knowledgeable on these trucks.

Ken
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Yea, I know I have a good husband that knows how to work on stuff. Thank the good Lord for that!! 🙏🏽
And I know to be extremely busy anytime when asked to help in the garage. 😂 Helping put in a transmission sounds like tons of fun.... not how I like to workout. 😅 I don't mind helping a little. Pretty sure our 4 year old son is way smarter when it comes to working on cars than I ever will be.
Now my dad he could fix anything.

Aaron said:
Chevy said:
Questions... so people that don't use their vehicles that put miles on them... what are they for? I mean do they just sit at home like naw can't go out my vehicle is getting to many miles?? Do they walk to work to save on their miles and drive just on rainy day or what? I've always been confused by people that act scared of miles on a vehicle. Some people will trade their cars in after before they get x miles normally under 100,000. Shoot I'm over here like how many miles will this thing go before I'm walking. 😅👐🏽 Hey!!
I'm guessing its the difference in people that can fix a vehicle when it has little problems and needs repairs vs people that don't have a clue how to change the tires or oil. And I most definitely don't mean anything bad by that. God gave us all things we maybe better at and others we may need to work on.... and some we just need to know better than to do. 😉😅 As for me I shouldn't do computer repairs. 😔😠 I will be doing some really good repairs fixing it really good to find out its completely 👌 😆NOT!!! A complete disaster. Hey but I did try and not I know better.

Lots of days where I don't drive mine, and certainly not alone - lots of neighbors that don't go anywhere with a vehicle for a week or better. Those with off-farm jobs are different, they are always on the road and go through vehicles like water bottles. I just don't understand why someone would be running the roads continually if their main occupation is farming.
True that makes sense. I think the older I've got the less I want to burn up the roads. We try to limit our trips.

I've been looking in to the 7.3 Ford due to all they hype and it's still running kneck and kneck with the GM 6.6 gas in the tests. The only time you see slight gains in the towing test is when you get their lowest gear to ratio. If you get them apples to apples you are really splitting hairs between the two.

The bad thing is Ford has gone to the 10 speed already to be competitive while GM is still running the 6spd. As soon as GM releases the 6.6 gas with the 10spd you could see them pull out in front again.

After having both the gas and the powerstroke for awhile I'm not to sure about the 7.3 gas over the 6.2. I'd definitely give it a shot and am really curious about the fuel milage though. The 6.2 gets 9.9 mpg avg, I've seen less but have never gotten more. If the 7.3 got any less fuel milage it just wouldn't be worth it. There's allot of talk about how the new gas engines pull like a diesel and that just isn't true. The 6.2 does pull just fine but it's nothing like the new diesels, not even close. I just don't see the advantage to the 7.3 over the 6.2. I didn't want the 10 speed in either of these trucks but know a guy who just bought a new PS and he loves the 10 speed so far. Hopefully we'll see some real world info on the 7.3 gasser before long.

Chevy said:
wbvs58 said:
Chevy said:
You sound like you know how to turn spanners Shell. You seem very knowledgeable on these trucks.

Ken
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Yea, I know I have a good husband that knows how to work on stuff. Thank the good Lord for that!! 🙏🏽
And I know to be extremely busy anytime when asked to help in the garage. 😂 Helping put in a transmission sounds like tons of fun.... not how I like to workout. 😅 I don't mind helping a little. Pretty sure our 4 year old son is way smarter when it comes to working on cars than I ever will be.
Now my dad he could fix anything.
Well you sound pretty interested in the workings of them Shell.

Ken

Wish someone would make a scaled down version of a Peterbilt, Kenworth or any other large truck. This would be for the ones of us that dream about being a big rig driver. I would put a flat bed on it with chrome stacks. Make it a real hauler that you could not overload. Maybe a small Cat engine

Prior to the virus and oil war era, a few months back....this is approx what we were paying.....

Diesel $5.6 / gal
Ethanol blend $5.1/gal
95 octane $6.4 / gal

hurleyjd said:
Wish someone would make a scaled down version of a Peterbilt, Kenworth or any other large truck. This would be for the ones of us that dream about being a big rig driver. I would put a flat bed on it with chrome stacks. Make it a real hauler that you could not overload. Maybe a small Cat engine

Does Dodge not offer a proper small truck motor in some trucks ? or is that someone dropping in themselves ?

PS people dream to drive big rigs ? I will love the day the small light truck can drive itself, and I can send it to go get stuff for me to save lots of time :)

Back in the early 90's I was in Texas. I saw one of those small Japanese diesel cab over's, with aluminum bed, pulling a aluminum stock trailer, about 24 foot or so. Never saw another one, I thought it looked good at the time, or at least better than that 12 valve Cummins w/ broke frame, that I was driveing.

greggy said:
9.9mpg...with no load and taking it easy.... ?

Yep 9.9 mpg. Has a deweze pivot bed and 1,000 deweze feeder on it but still figured I'd get 12. I never reset the mpg but don't pull a trailer very often. Not sure about the taking it easy part, I don't hammer down but don't putt putt around either. 90% county roads & hwy miles with very little stop and go traffic.

hurleyjd said:

Lots of old single axle dumps, box, and service trucks out there, probably wouldn't be hard to rig a flatbed on them.

A lot of the IH trucks have the DT466, some Cats too.

Lucky said:
greggy said:

Yep 9.9 mpg. Has a deweze pivot bed and 1,000 deweze feeder on it but still figured I'd get 12. I never reset the mpg but don't pull a trailer very often. Not sure about the taking it easy part, I don't hammer down but don't putt putt around either. 90% county roads & hwy miles with very little stop and go traffic.

On the reviews they only showed 15 mpg highway, empty, with bone stock tires.

Brute 23 said:
Lucky said:
greggy said:

On the reviews they only showed 15 mpg highway, empty, with bone stock tires.

Yep that's why I was hoping for 12 mpg. Still got stock tires. If I ever shuck these yearlings I'll take the feeder off and see if it helps

hurleyjd said:
well, the thing is the 5500's are pretty much that, except they cost way too much

I'd just like something that can haul that's affordable, don't need a million bells and whistles, my rating of a truck doesn't depend on it blowing the coldest AC

Silver said:
Stocker Steve said:
Aluminum salvage value is higher with a Ford. :nod:

I see GM isn't making adds disparaging the aluminum Fords anymore :lol:

That was a big joke on GM guys years ago, since those commercials first aired, because it was known then that GM was heading in the same direction.

I've been thinking about this deal because I have been in the market for a 3/4 or 1 ton gas truck as a run around, feed, truck. Problem is when you look at the mileage on those things its brutal. If I did the math right, even with a .2$ spread on fuel, with my diesel doing 18mpg vs a gas doing 10mpg, at around 125K miles, you have paid for 10K which covers the extra diesel cost and some maintenance.

With the 7.3 you dont even get the benefit of the lighter weight motor.

Latest posts