New Holland 855 Round Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel

Reaction score
I purchased a New Holland 855 Round Baler this past week that had less than 500 bales through it. When I went to check it out as far as I can tell it's the truth. It was owned by a doctor who had passed away over 20 years ago and was left in the barn. The New Holland dealer took it in on a trade for the children as he knew the family. I paid $4,000.00 for it only because my brothers had one that they flat wore out years ago. They literally could bale anything with that baler, longstem grass, set aside hay with small trees, cornstalks, even 8" tall grass hay. I needed a denser bale that my M&W balers in case I would need to sale hay this fall. I know it may be a lot for an 855 but where else could you get a 500 bale baler for $4,000.00?

I am looking foward to using it. I intend on cutting about 15 acres of hay early just to make sure there are no bugs. But just in case we are rebuilding the pickup on my M&W 1800. I am partial to a soft center bale, outside of the squatting and then being unable to transport over long distaces they have a lot of advantages.

I never owned an 855, had a neighbor that had, he thought it was a heck of a baler other than the air bags, he said he could bale anything, he said the bags were expensive to replace and not to store it outside because the sun was hard on them. I'm not sure maybe not all the 855s had the bags either, I had the 850 and a 664 and they were spring tension. Good luck with it 101

Latest posts