New Ford Maverick at a bare-bones price....

Help Support CattleToday:

Cruise is pointless here, there is no opportunity to use it for enough time at a stretch to make it worthwhile to use it. There are no freeways or long straight stretches. Cruise on the ice will get you in trouble or worse. I'm sure it's handy in it's place.

Don't have much trouble with that driving from southeast Texas to Florida.

Load and towing capacity (if any)? Can a hitch ball even be installed? To me it looks like a SUV with the top cut off the back.

2000lbs standard, 4000 with the optional tow package and the Ecoboost. 1500lb payload, but that seems optimistic to me.

I looked into them a little, by the time you get one with decent options that's capable of doing mild "truck stuff", $30k+. The 20k model is a stripped down compact car with a tiny bed.

I drive 60-90 miles one way to the grocery store, doctor, etc and often make 300+ mile drives to pickup feed, parts, equipment, so cruise is a must for me.

We don't see pavement here for 6 months at a time and I use cruise quite often. But people here also drive 5 over the limit in white out conditions and 4" of snow on the roads. Lol

Weird, like a cramp with no pain. I had no control over moving the front of my foot up or down.
To me a shin is the bone between the ankle and the knee. The part that hits the trailer hitch when you walk around behind the truck.

My question is why not use the cruise? Keeps a steady speed, less leg fatigue. Its as simple as pressing one button usually then your free to move your leg as you please.

My issue not using the cruise expecially in modern drive by wire vehicles is before I know it the weight of my boot has me going 80 in a 55.

Bare bones - who wants to ride in a skeleton?

The only thing I would miss would be a longer bed and power locks, but maybe on a truck that small, I could reach over and unlock the passenger door, which I can't do in my Silverado, since the foldup console is always down and full of 'stuff'.

My question is why not use the cruise? Keeps a steady speed, less leg fatigue. Its as simple as pressing one button usually then your free to move your leg as you please.

My issue not using the cruise expecially in modern drive by wire vehicles is before I know it the weight of my boot has me going 80 in a 55.
I got no problem with it. Use it if you like it. I just said it wasn't a issue for me the truck not having it. I wouldn't ever notice it missing. Apparently I'm in the minority on that.

Definitely a lot of the features on new cars are questionable. My daughter has a new Isuzu Dmax and just this Monday she was going down the highway with a B double hard on her hammer and her car decided it had seen an imaginary obstacle in front of her and slammed on the brakes and no amount of accelerator pedal could overide it. The truck driver behind her was not too impressed. This is only a single lane highway.

Ken

XL package basic......

• Ford Maverick XL ($19,995 MSRP): comes with manual seats, steel wheels, and an 8-inch touch screen.

You can get cruise with the next package up if it is a must.

• Ford Maverick XLT ($22,360): adds cruise control, a nicer interior, power mirrors, an in-bed storage cubby, and other features.
If you want to get fancy get the next package up.

• Ford Maverick Lariat ($25,860): adds power driver's seat, dual-zone climate control, push-button start, ambient lighting, and other features.

Glad that it comes with a steering wheel. One time the agency I worked with was going to save fuel to keep the Eskimos from sweating or some other good reason. They bought a number of small "trucks". Several set field fires due to low clearance and catalytic converters. One burned with the field. A guy I worked with was a pretty good size guy. He said he did not know if he was supposed to drive it or wear it. And when he got to a mud puddle he thought it best to get out and tote the truck across!

It is pretty much a car without a rear seat. No problem as long as that is what you want.

Latest posts