New bull time

Help Support CattleToday:

Not buying a bull tonight it appears

I agree @Warren Allison
Just ain't nothing here. There is a beautiful brangus pair I like tho!

Getting dark but best I could get.
Nice little bull calf on a 3 yr old cow
Cow is super fat.
Lots and lots of pairs, but this pair is my kind.
20231205_174131.jpg20231205_174140.jpg20231205_174158.jpg20231205_174240.jpg20231205_174107.jpg

Last edited:
Nice black calf, like his build. I did not like the char bull... I think I would seriously look at the black bull the neighbor has... I have seen alot worse...but not for the $3000... a lease would be nice.... and you can still be looking for one you really like. Are you still running 2 calving seasons? If so, if you could use this bull for one group while you are still looking, it wouldn't be the end of the world....

I agree @Warren Allison

Cow is super fat.
View attachment 37876View attachment 37877View attachment 37878View attachment 37879View attachment 37880
That is not a Brangus cow. She might have a little bit of Brahma and some kind of black cattle in her, but she's no Brangus. Would you say you are closer to Florida or Wyoming?

Nice black calf, like his build. I did not like the char bull... I think I would seriously look at the black bull the neighbor has... I have seen alot worse...but not for the $3000... a lease would be nice.... and you can still be looking for one you really like. Are you still running 2 calving seasons? If so, if you could use this bull for one group while you are still looking, it wouldn't be the end of the world....
Do a search on Brisket Disease. I am betting that black bull has it.

I agree @Warren Allison

Cow is super fat.
View attachment 37876View attachment 37877View attachment 37878View attachment 37879View attachment 37880
I like that little bull calf too. But it's too early to say he's breeding material and I'm leaning not.

And the CharX bull is a hard no for me.

The prices your markets are still bringing, makes me want to head out there with a load to sell....
Buddy sold some 3 and 4 yr old heavy breds at $2675 and another group of 5 yr old heavy breds at $2600
That is not a Brangus cow. She might have a little bit of Brahma and some kind of black cattle in her, but she's no Brangus. Would you say you are closer to Florida or Wyoming?
Somewhere in the middle I guess. I wish I could've gottena better pic of her. She was pretty dang amazing really. Someone was feeding her REAL well.
Her tail head was sunk into a pile of fat!
Her brisket was full too.
Do a search on Brisket Disease. I am betting that black bull has it.
That pic is zoomed wayyyy in from the road. I will get better pics soon! Promise.
I really don't think there is an issue there. But I'm gonna find out!

O!
That black pair I wanted so bad, sold for 2100. Dern it!

Pretty good showing at Fairview tonight. I would have liked to have gone but didnt work out that way. The char bull would make an ok steer and those bull prices, you can find better for cheaper. Did all the cows sell well? Guess u didnt pick up that mini pair😜😜

Pretty good showing at Fairview tonight. I would have liked to have gone but didnt work out that way. The char bull would make an ok steer and those bull prices, you can find better for cheaper. Did all the cows sell well? Guess u didnt pick up that mini pair😜😜
Yep. All cows sold really good except a few odd singles at the end of the sale.

That smokey bull was not what I wanted for sure!

I didn't even bid on the mini! Wish I'd a taken my Beltie to sell there tho!

Here we gogo....
Brisket looks good!
Now that I've been up close I like him a little better. He always looks small from the road. I'd grade him extra medium.
20231208_105905.jpg20231208_105918.jpg
20231208_105930.jpg20231208_110022.jpg20231208_110123.jpg
These 2 calves are not by him. They WERE sired by a bull from the same breeder tho.
Everyone here gets fed well. U can see the grass even tho it's dormant.

Here we gogo....
Brisket looks good!
Now that I've been up close I like him a little better. He always looks small from the road. I'd grade him extra medium.
View attachment 37980View attachment 37981
View attachment 37982View attachment 37983View attachment 37984
These 2 calves are not by him. They WERE sired by a bull from the same breeder tho.
Everyone here gets fed well. U can see the grass even tho it's dormant.
It's funny how the same animal can look so different in different pictures. In the top two he looks deep and thick, and in the bottom two he doesn't look very deep. Still, he looks a lot better in the brisket than in that first posted pic. Maybe there was something black behind him in that first image.

Not a bad looking young bull. He carries some muscle deep into the hock and he has a good topline. Lacks a little masculinity but that may develop more as he matures.

It's funny how the same animal can look so different in different pictures. In the top two he looks deep and thick, and in the bottom two he doesn't look very deep. Still, he looks a lot better in the brisket than in that first posted pic. Maybe there was something black behind him in that first image.

Not a bad looking young bull. He carries some muscle deep into the hock and he has a good topline. Lacks a little masculinity but that may develop more as he matures.
The first two pics I'm standing.
The second two I'm kneeling down low.

That initial pic was zoomed Wayyyy in from the road. Just a very very poor pic.

I went down there unannounced to see what his demeanor was like at a stranger. He snorted a couple times but kind of chilled after that. Seems like he might do me a good job.

Now we just gotta haggle.......

Unless a DEAL comes up at the next special sale the 14th. We will see

The first two pics I'm standing.
The second two I'm kneeling down low.

That initial pic was zoomed Wayyyy in from the road. Just a very very poor pic.

I went down there unannounced to see what his demeanor was like at a stranger. He snorted a couple times but kind of chilled after that. Seems like he might do me a good job.

Now we just gotta haggle.......

Unless a DEAL comes up at the next special sale the 14th. We will see
There is still the issue of him supposedly being pure bred, from a breeder of registered Angus, but he is not registered. Too many better ones that are registered for the same or less money.

There is still the issue of him supposedly being pure bred, from a breeder of registered Angus, but he is not registered. Too many better ones that are registered for the same or less money.

I gotcha buddy!
But idk that he's a real registered stock fella.
I've heard a few things thru the grapevine about this guy's bulls. It's kind of weird how everyone talks about broken penis'
Penii?
Whatever.

I'm still on the fence about him.

I really really wish I hadn't sold Richard

Latest posts