new bull maybe?

Help Support CattleToday:

odz

Reaction score
hello i wanted to see if you all can give me some pointers on this limousin bull (red, dbl polled). i am planning on using him on commercial cattle. These are his numbers. Thank you.
limo.jpg

dob 03/24/10
BW 3.5
WW 56
YW 90
MA 18
SC 0.5
DOC
REA .78
YG -.09
MARB -.14
$MTI 41

Performance Data
BW 75
WW 645
YW 1229
REA
FAT
IMF

pedigree if you can. Fairly nice looking bull that should work well for you. Wouldn't breed heifers to him till you have a few calves from some cows.

yea if we had his registration number , we could give you a better opinion..If hes a fullblood with epds that large especially that scrotal epd, my radar starts turning

houstoncutter":1n83v6ak said:
yea if we had his registration number , we could give you a better opinion..If hes a fullblood with epds that large especially that scrotal epd, my radar starts turning

sorry for the late response. NPM-1971301
Sire: MAGS Tahoe Dam: Brems Autumn (Brems Disney Cruise)

houstoncutter":1n9il98o said:

My experience with them and pulling calves is almost as bad as Char's. They just don't wake me with nightmares just get the cold shiver.
Now I am not one to retain heifers as I feel I can buy replacements cheaper and not deal with the crapshoot of heifers.
He is a good looking bull but that being said if you are planing on using him on heifers give me an Angus or Hereford any day. I can't sell a dead calf, when you put him on commercial cows he is only half the equation in what is coming out of the woodpile. You will still have the anomoly from time to time with an Angus or Hereford not the trainwreck.

Red Bull Breeder":1vgh380v said:
pedigree if you can. Fairly nice looking bull that should work well for you. Wouldn't breed heifers to him till you have a few calves from some cows.

How do you look at the actual bw vs. the bw epd?

Caustic Burno":1aozu9im said:
houstoncutter":1aozu9im said:

My experience with them and pulling calves is almost as bad as Char's. They just don't wake me with nightmares just get the cold shiver.
Now I am not one to retain heifers as I feel I can buy replacements cheaper and not deal with the crapshoot of heifers.
He is a good looking bull but that being said if you are planing on using him on heifers give me an Angus or Hereford any day. I can't sell a dead calf, when you put him on commercial cows he is only half the equation in what is coming out of the woodpile. You will still have the anomoly from time to time with an Angus or Hereford not the trainwreck.

___I believe your right, i forgot to mention that my commercial cows are calf tested cows. i am not willing to hold any heifers in the future. if i do hold heifers i will probably move the pair to another pasture with another bull... thanks for the advice.

Odz you have a good looking bull with some excellant breeding....before you responded I sort thought the bull had some Magness breeding with that large scrotal in a red bull... They have had some screw claw in some of the Mags bulls...so keep and eye on those feet...and why doesnt the bull have docility epds....those should be there ...no excuses for that....send me a private email for something else you should check on.

Latest posts